Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and getting ready to purchase my first RAV4 2006(ready to retire my gas guzzling Explorer with 178,000 miles on it!) I put on 35-40,000 miles a year, mostly highway driving. I can't decide if I should get the extended warranty. My dealer will give it to me for $950. But I'll put on 100,000 in 2 and a half years, so it won't cover me for long. What do you think? Thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
$1k for one year+ coverage isn't worth it. If it does not brake in the first 40k miles, chances are that they will last another year! After all, you bought a Toyota! :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
I got an extended warranty and it was the first one I ever bought. They offered it to me for $750 and because this car is basically a new model, especially with the 6 and has so many electronic gizmo's, I went for it. But we don't put the kind of mileage you do on ours and will get a full 6 or 7 years out of it for sure. You should stay away from it.

By the way. I wish Toyota would offer better standard warranties. Three year warranties are just not enough.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
In Lmac's case the factory standard warranty will last about 1 year or 50000 miles. If you look at it that way, a 100000 extended warranty will last a extra year a half. Still too expensive in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts