Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the most recent Performance Product catalog that comes in ever now and then. I saw on the back cover a part from Poweraid. It's a Throttle Body Spacer. I said "Gee, if only I could make a spacer for my RAV4.1? :idea: :idea: .

In school, we have the machine that can cut a piece of aluminum of up to a quarter of an inch thick. :idea: It's a computer controlled aluminum cutter with every thing you need. Students us it to engrave their names on chunks of plastic. I have a throttle body in the garage. It's from a Camry, I'll compair it with the RAV4 to see the difference. I'll just photocopy the throttle body and enter the data in the computer and instruct the computer/machine to cut the shape indicated. You never know.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me check first. I'm not scheduled to go back to class until Tuesday the 18th. Mean while, I'll keep digging for information on how to go about doing this. I think I would have to get longer studs also. I would have to get a TB gasket to be used as a template and feed the computer with information. I was told that these parts tend to whistle a lot. :?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yea my friend has one on his Dodge Ram. It does whistle, but I'm not sure how loud it would be compared to our exhaust :lol:

My dads student engineers (or whatever they call them) had to build a little F1 car for a project. They had a full shop. I think they also might have had a dyno..I'll ask my dad tonight, I could have all my friends dyno their cars. They also had a CNC machine. :D

·
Registered
542 Posts
only add volume to the intake log!! maybe it can offset the fuel map coz reading from the map sensor may be fifferent!! but i doubt the small extra volume would make any difference..

T

·
0 Posts
:!: hello

a member from this forum contact me about developing a spacer for rav4. Wonder anyone still interested. Here is an example of my work for other car. Nissan Sentra Spec V 2.5 dyno-ed 9.4 torque and 8.5 hp gain

T

·
0 Posts
mensajero said:
I was the person who gmailed you. I have the 3SFE engine with 5 speed gearbox. What would be the price?

Well guys, here is the man. :D

Depend on how many people want one.

$75.00 on the helical designed. Plain bore finished $40.0.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, now you as a seller will have to convince the non believers. How much will the performance and economy will an engine like the 3SFE have?

Well gentlemen, lets start the debate and see how many pros and cons does the Throttle Body have. Remember, the more the merrier. The more interested the better the price will be.

How much is the performance with the plain helical design and the plain design?

How many are really interested?

Lets do this. We are already hooked up. Lets discuss it and then we'll see how many are left, willing and able to buy it.

OK, with the intake setup that I have. I think that it will add some ponies to it and the economy will improve for the same type of driving. Does anyone have any scientific proof?

tankd0g, eliminate us with your knowledge dude.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The helical design should flow better because those channels create a boundary layer between the walls and the air thus helping the rest of the air flow easier, thus faster, the plain one flows but not as well. Its exactly the same principle as to why golf balls have dimples, because of that boundary layer that reduces the friction between the walls and the air. The issue is the price, and if the power gain is actually worth the price.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2001SL2 said:
The helical design should flow better because those channels create a boundary layer between the walls and the air thus helping the rest of the air flow easier, thus faster, the plain one flows but not as well. Its exactly the same principle as to why golf balls have dimples, because of that boundary layer that reduces the friction between the walls and the air. The issue is the price, and if the power gain is actually worth the price.
Good point. :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts