Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
So I tried to clean the throttle intake (buterfly part) this weekend. Got the cleaner and an old toothbrush and all. I loosened the bolt clamp attached to the hose but unfortunatly I could not get the air intake hose coming from the filter box off the throttle body. Since a few of you guys have air intakes or perform this routine maintenance on a regular basis, any trick to get the hose off? Will it be safe to spray a bit of WD-30 on there to slide it off.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
If you are talking about the one that has a clamp there, after you loosen the clamp, if it doesn't wiggle off, I use a flathead screwdrive to push off the hose.. there should a place where you can place the screwdriver between the hose and a flat spot of the throttlebody to put pressure to push off the hose...once it moves a little you should be able to wiggle/pull it off, if not keep using the screwdriver...you may have to do it in several spots to work it off, but it should eventually come off...

Here is a pic. You can follow steps 1. , 2. , and 3. (2 and 3 can be done in either order and may need to be repeated until hose can be pulled off)

1. Loosen the screw/bolt to where the clamp can spin freely around the hose.

2. Place flathead screwdriver in between the little raised metal spot and the hose and push off the hose

3. Place the flathead screwdriver between the hose and the flatspot of metal piece of the throttlebody

Be careful not to put too much pressure because the screwdriver can slip off and may hit something else or hurt yourself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts