Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2007 rav 4 cylinder, this intermittent noise sounds like running over a serrated asphalt patch of road and is getting more frequent. Could be coming from rear lower well, have used for towing my bass boat, about a ton of weight.
Anybody have this symptom?
Thanks for any input,
rav4dog
PS- remote key fell apart from case, good place to buy or repair possible?

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,511 Posts
I don't know what this noise could be, how long does it last?

As for the key, get a new key shell from Ebay, have the key cut and swap the remote transmitter module and immobilizer chip and you should be good to go. No programming required.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you James for the reply, will order the key case as you suggested.

The thrumming sound lasts just seconds and sounds like the paving has been serrated or cut by a steel tread. I have a hitch ball and receiver in the lower trunk and suspect it could be vibrating intermittently. Will remove and see what happens.
Again thanks-
Ed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on thrumming sound-

Local Toyota dealer says I have a bad muffler causing the intermittent thrumming sound. Any muffler experiences or comments?
Ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you James for the reply, will order the key case as you suggested.

The thrumming sound lasts just seconds and sounds like the paving has been serrated or cut by a steel tread. I have a hitch ball and receiver in the lower trunk and suspect it could be vibrating intermittently. Will remove and see what happens.
Again thanks-
Ed
we have a 2010 Rav and we also had the thrumming sound not to many miles on it when we started to hear this intermittent noise usually after car had been running awhile. Ended up being something loose inside the muffler, Toyota replaced entire exhaust system problem solved! Now we have a engine noise when you 1st start car up its like a zinging sound for a couple seconds PLUS now we have a howling noise in the rearend, what else can go wrong?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts