Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at Thule roof cargo boxes. I see that they come in different lengths and sizes. I was wondering if any of you have one and what size you have?

I'm concerned how an XL would effect driving versus an XXL, and/or the long version versus the short version offered.

I'm expecting gas mileage and handling to be effected but by how much? If you have any experience please post it here.

Thanks,
Razor

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an older Thule XL cargo box. The box is about 5 ft tall/3ft wide. It's not the super-low profile type of box but it's not a tall, stubby box, either. I haven't really noticed a difference in veh performance. Mileage my suffer a few mpg's but as long as it's not always kept on, who cares? And as long as the weight inside the box is kept within vehicle and box specs there shouldn't be any problems. I have found that when I mount my 12.5 kayak on the roof there isn't really any significant performance issues either and that has a much taller cross section than a cargo box.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was thinking of snagging one also. Can anyone post a link of one which they would recommend? I don't have cross bars on mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts