Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if Thule makes feet that will connect in the factory slots? I like the way the factory racks attach but they are too narrow to be of much practical use. I have a set of 60" bars and 400 feet with the 242 fit kit that adapts to the roof edges but thought it would be a neater install (and maybe stronger?) if I could use the existing factory mounts for a rack. I could not see this option of their website.

P

·
0 Posts
Wow... I searched back over three years worth of posts and found lots of references to this question, but no answer.

Thule's web site doesn't show an answer to this either, but some folks claim to have the units in use.

Anybody willing to share the Thule P/N for the feet/towers/mounts that will allow my Thule rectangular bar rack system (from my other car) to fit the 1996 RAV4 4-door factory slot/rail mount points?

Thanks so much if you can.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thule rack

I have just fitted Thule (aero) racks to my 3DR RAV. I have factory fix points in the roof. These are behind little sliding covers in the grey trim along the roof. The foot sits above the factory slot and hooks in with a link to the factory fix point. The foot (GL750) pack will take both rectangular and aero bars of 108cm length. Fitting kit is KIT1164. If you need I can take a pic of the set-up.

Thule options http://www.thule.com.au/vehicleguide_detail.php?car_brand_id=5066&car_model_id=121092

Kit1164 instructions http://www.thule.com.au/open_file.php?file_url=FITTING_GUIDE/kit_1164.pdf

R

·
0 Posts
Dear RAV friends,

In order to carry my 35" wide formula windsurf, I use the same Thule roof rack of my wife's Honda Jazz . This way, I have much more distance bitween the bars than using original slots. Also the bars are wider than the RAV's original racks.
Search in the Thule web site the Jazz kit and be happy. Later I can up load some picture.
I hope been helpfull. Sorry for my poor english.

Renato

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just fitted Thule (aero) racks to my 3DR RAV. I have factory fix points in the roof. These are behind little sliding covers in the grey trim along the roof. The foot sits above the factory slot and hooks in with a link to the factory fix point. The foot (GL750) pack will take both rectangular and aero bars of 108cm length. Fitting kit is KIT1164. If you need I can take a pic of the set-up.

Thule options Thule Australia > Roof Racks + Roof Boxes + Bike & Ski Carriers

Kit1164 instructions http://www.thule.com.au/open_file.php?file_url=FITTING_GUIDE/kit_1164.pdf
Hi: What year is the Rav4 you installed the Thule 1164 Fit Kit on? That kit is listed as being for model years 2000 onwards but it looks like it would fit in the factory roof connects on my 1999 four door and it looks like your vehicle is the 4.1 series.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
It might be wise to contact those people through a private message since their post is over two years old and they aren't visiting this forum anymore (checked their profile). A private message might find their way to them since it's usually also sending an e-mail to the user involved.
Greetz

Pim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts