Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 2020 RAV4 XLE Premium and looking for cargo box. I'm pretty decided on Thule Force XT, but what size? Debating between L and XL. Has anyone installed XL? Does it interfere with the view?

·
Registered
2 Posts

This is the Thule Force XL. I fit a baby stroller, a foldable highchair, about 4-5 pairs of shoes, 3 medium-medium/large duffel bags, a back pack and some other smaller items. More than enough room in my opinion, was not showing in the windshield and still was able to open the trunk all the way. All depends on how you position it. It’ll take a little playing around to get it to how you like it. 12 hour road trip one way and it kept everything nice and dry.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Excellent. Is that rated about 18 cu ft?

What is wrong with Yakima? I'm looking at skybox 16 or this Thule.

Any advice or comparisons?

Are those factory cross bars?

Hybrid or gas model? How much of a fuel hit and did it feel stable etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excellent. Is that rated about 18 cu ft?

What is wrong with Yakima? I'm looking at skybox 16 or this Thule.

Any advice or comparisons?

Are those factory cross bars?

Hybrid or gas model? How much of a fuel hit and did it feel stable etc?
Yeah 18-21 cu ft something like that. I’ve always heard Thule is the way to go, I heard Yakima’s latch system isn’t the best. I’d go with Thule, might spend a little more but it’s worth it, especially the lock system. Yes factory cross bars. Gas model and I didn’t notice a fuel hit at all. And yes very stable, once I locked it down I gave it a good shake and i ended up moving my whole car. The locking device to the cross bars are very strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts