Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reference, my 08 Rav4 Limited V6 is my second Rav4. The first was an 06' Base model V6 and it seemed to ride a bit smoother. Just put new Michelins on my 08' and currently running them at 30 psi to try to smooth out the ride a bit.

My shocks/struts are the originals and at 114k, it feels like they are about worn out. Would new OEM Toyota units improve the ride or are there particular aftermarket shocks/struts that anyone might recommend?

My previous ride was a Lexus LX470 so maybe I'm expecting more than is possible with a Rav4 in the smooth ride department?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think these things ride as rough as they do because they are so light...I noticed that when I have 500 or so lbs in the back of my sport it rides pretty good...I think Monroe would be the softest shock/strut out there, but I would never run them...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think these things ride as rough as they do because they are so light...I noticed that when I have 500 or so lbs in the back of my sport it rides pretty good...I think Monroe would be the softest shock/strut out there, but I would never run them...
I've used Monroe shocks long ago and it sure made my Oldsmobile ride smooth. I'm hoping to find a compromise between the stock ride and mushy soft. Maybe some adjustable coil-overs might work?

Of the existing products like Tokico, KYB, Bilstein ect, which has the most firm ride?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just ordered Sachs front and rears and will be installing soon..........I would not put Toyota back on! I will let you know.......

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, how do the Sachs compare in price to other brands?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts