Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 6 CD player is starting to act wonky, and I've never been a huge fan of the sound through the aux in.
I've seen a few other posts for high end units and off brand android head units, but that may be more than i really need. My big concerns are- keeping the factory JBL amp/ speakers, keeping the factory antennae, playing music from USB sticks, and good music streaming via bluetooth. If I'm not really concerned with steering wheel controls, how crazy an install is that? On most of the other install photos - everyone was using the maestro/ i data kits, etc i was n't able to discern what the actual connects into the JBL amp are... Is it as simple as connecting the RCA outs from a new head unit aside from power and antenna?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just had a HU post a while ago and updated my experience with a Pioneer and Kenwood unit. I was in the same boat as you - just wanted simple music from USB. Don't need to mirror my phone, monitor car data on the head unit, gps, etc.

Overall installation is really easy - you'll need a harness like this: PAC RP4.2-TY11 Wiring Interface Connect a new car stereo and retain factory JBL system, steering wheel controls, and aux input in select 2003-up Toyota, Lexus, and Scion vehicles at Crutchfield
That will essentially go between the radio and all of your car's connections so you can use your steering wheel, amp, sub, usb port, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts