Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an email from my dealer today that my Rav4 Prime will be built on April 26.
What kind of timeline from build date to shipping and then arriving at the dealership have people seen?

Thanks!

·
Registered
478 Posts
What kind of timeline from build date to shipping and then arriving at the dealership have people seen?

Thanks!
What’s the last 6 digits in the vin?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Once you get the actual vin the last 6 digits will be the sequential number of the vehicle. I was wondering where it relates to mine because you seem to know a production date.

Best I can tell is vehicles ordered in February are the ones being sold now. So maybe 6-8 weeks?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any more information that I can look up once I have the real VIN number?
And when is that usually available? Right after the build date?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Is there any more information that I can look up once I have the real VIN number?
And when is that usually available? Right after the build date?
You can look up both the temporary and then real vin on Toyota’s website. It won’t tell you much beyond the month it was ordered and when it actually gets sold. And of course stuff like the options.
I’m not sure when the actual vin is assigned. I thought it was after the vehicle is made but the last few vins I’ve gotten from dealerships must be before it’s actually made as they were ordered last month and aren’t expected till the end of may/early June.

·
Registered
218 Posts
For what it's worth, my dealer told me he doesn't get the VIN till the car reaches the port in the US.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys, How are you guys ordering a Rav4 Prime. I put deposit with one dealer, but from what he said, he has just written my name on his list. he will call me as they get vehicles allotted and my name in the list appears on the top. They are not building one for me.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It would be nice to get some actual information on how the VINs work and what a dealership can actually see for dates. Can they look up any vehicle or only ones allotted?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi Guys, How are you guys ordering a Rav4 Prime. I put deposit with one dealer, but from what he said, he has just written my name on his list. he will call me as they get vehicles allotted and my name in the list appears on the top.
I’m guessing the “order” date is either when the dealership requests it or Toyota allotted it. As far as I know Toyota isn’t taking any specific orders on them from customers. So what your dealership is saying is correct.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m guessing the “order” date is either when the dealership requests it or Toyota allotted it. As far as I know Toyota isn’t taking any specific orders on them from customers. So what your dealership is saying is correct.
Thank you. So I am in the same boat as all others.

·
Registered
524 Posts

Thanks!
Your sales drone at the dealership where you've placed your order can log into his account at Toyota's "DEALER DAILY" and track your unit.

That'll take all the guess work out of it. He can give you shipping, eta, etc.

That's a screen cap of my unit from Japan. He had told me when it rolled off the line and given me the projected vessel departure date. With that information, I checked the port arrival schedule in Portland, worked backward, and stalked my RAV4 as it crossed the Pacific.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Your sales drone at the dealership where you've placed your order can log into his account at Toyota's "DEALER DAILY" and track your unit.
View attachment 165334

That'll take all the guess work out of it. He can give you shipping, eta, etc.

That's a screen cap of my unit from Japan. He had told me when it rolled off the line and given me the projected vessel departure date. With that information, I checked the port arrival schedule in Portland, worked backward, and stalked my RAV4 as it crossed the Pacific.
You got lucky then. No dealership I spoke to would go into that much detail.

they’re probably worried about this part of the usage terms
“I will not reproduce, retain, share, disclose, release, or transfer Data, unless expressly approved by Toyota.”

·
Registered
54 Posts
My ship date is also late April. Probably same mfg. schedule and shipping schedule. My contacts told me car could be ready for shipping as early as April 20 but probably nearer to 4/26. I also have a temp VIN #. I was told that permanent VIN would be issued when car is ready for shipping. I am expecting East Coast arrival late May and ready for delivery to me around Memorial Day or first week of June. That is if there are no delays, earthquakes etc. It is, what it is, I guess! Good Luck.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My ship date is also late April. Probably same mfg. schedule and shipping schedule. My contacts told me car could be ready for shipping as early as April 20 but probably nearer to 4/26. I also have a temp VIN #. I was told that permanent VIN would be issued when car is ready for shipping. I am expecting East Coast arrival late May and ready for delivery to me around Memorial Day or first week of June. That is if there are no delays, earthquakes etc. It is, what it is, I guess! Good Luck.
I still don’t fully understand it. How can I have a vin that’s just over 029000 and they’re saying end of may/early June for me too?
Unless they’re past that in production and they’re sitting in lots for a month.
Does your temporary vin still work here?
Vehicle Specification | Toyota Owners

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was going to send an independent VIN site to you but I registered @ the Toyota VIN site and it provides similar information. Figure by registering will receive updates. I received similar info as your post. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I was going to send an independent VIN site to you but I registered @ the Toyota VIN site and it provides similar information. Figure by registering will receive updates. I received similar info as your post. Thanks for the update!
But that temporary vin you have works there? Because once the final vin is issued the temporary one will no longer work.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts