Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm in Atlanta, GA and I am carefully trying to time the purchase of an XLE or XSE RAV4 Hybrid, so as score as best deal as possible.
I was wondering if it is worth waiting until closer when the RAV4 Prime hits showrooms, when likely dealers will be more motivated to clear the Hybrids from
their showrooms? That's around September, but then again I have to consider many car factories have slowed production, and don't want to wait
too late in year, when inventories may be lower than they are now?? (if it can get any lower, lol)
Someone else on this thread mentioned its worth searching for dealers designated as 'high volume' - - How do I go about searching out those particular dealers? I'm willing to go a couple of states over in either direction, if it means saving. . .

I did a precusory search online for Toyota incentives and there seems to be more COVID-19 finance incentives for those that already own a Toyota - not so much for new car purchases. .
Makes strategizing tough. .

·
Registered
145 Posts
The car sales world in the USA is too much in flux due to the Covid situation to have much of a strategy right now. You might get lucky or not. Things change from day to day depending on your location. I think everyone is just playing it by ear day to day at the moment. Half the dealerships in my area, not even hit hard by -19 yet, have laid off sales staff and closed showrooms.

My assessment is that things are likely to get worse in the relatively short term, before they get better. Late summer, maybe. Next month or two, dicey. Hard to say, really.

EDIT. Agree with LA RAV4 below

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think waiting for the arrival of the Prime will be of much help to you. The hybrids are still in great demand (among the few shoppers out there) and supply is still low. Once the Prime arrives there will be so few of them initially that it won't help lower prices on the RAV4. There will not be an oversupply of RAV4s or Primes for a year. Recent factory shutdowns could even drive prices up. If you can get any kind of discount buy now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was afraid of. . . So is there a website that shows dealers by zipcode, and the amount of inventory they have for the RAV4 Hybrid?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am showing a ton of hybrids available in my region, when there were extremely few 6 months ago. Supply was already getting much better, along with pricing before this pandemic hit. My guess is keep an eye on things and wait a month or 2 - I agree things will get worse before they get better, economically at least.

Estimates that March car sales are going to be about 25% of what they were to be before the current pandemic. I would guess April won't be much better. 3.3M lost their job last week by itself - thats like 2% of the workforce. Interest rates are now effectively zero. Gas is almost free - meaning the only ones buying hybrids are doing so because they want one, not for cost savings. I think this adds up to better car deals.

I wouldn't be surprised if the prime is delayed anyway - lots of reasons for it, lots of excuses to use if they decide they want to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. . . So is there a website that shows dealers by zipcode, and the amount of inventory they have for the RAV4 Hybrid?
According to my dealer Milton Martin in Gainesville, GA. Not far from Atlanta. They are willing to give a discount of $2500 for any RAV4 Hybrid. Let me know if you need the sales person contact info. BTW. I bought a 2017 RAV4 XLE FWD from them back in 9/17 with a discount of $7500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts