Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Timing belt, 2 drive belts and water pump

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  ccaddy 
#1 ·
hi guys, i just want to ask u, about the average cost for replacing these parts... btw, ive got '00 rav 4wd...

thanks in advance...

#3 ·
I just got the parts for mine - don't know about the labor because my brother and I do the work at his shop.
Water pump - $42.00
Idler bearing kit - $84.00
Timing Belt - $32.00
Crank seal - $7.00
alt-air belt - $22.00
power steering belt - $5.00
Then next week end we will put a new crank seal in my '98 that we didn't do 20,000 miles ago when we replace the water pump. You lear by your mistakes...... replace the crank seal while you have it apart, $7.00 and 15 minutes.

#4 ·
stelly, lucky you.... hehehehe...

i just have an estimate from a dealer and its $440 for the timing belt and 2 drive belts ONLY... plus another $120 for the sparks plug (platinum tip)... tax not included to all prices.

thanks to all of ur reply...

#5 ·
Stelly said:
I just got the parts for mine - don't know about the labor because my brother and I do the work at his shop.
Water pump - $42.00
Idler bearing kit - $84.00
Timing Belt - $32.00
Crank seal - $7.00
alt-air belt - $22.00
power steering belt - $5.00
Then next week end we will put a new crank seal in my '98 that we didn't do 20,000 miles ago when we replace the water pump. You lear by your mistakes...... replace the crank seal while you have it apart, $7.00 and 15 minutes.
Stelly,

If you could take pics along the way and post them as a DIY guide, many would be very thankful, myself included.

Sig

#6 ·
For us Canadian Rav owners , here's some part prices for you .

- water pump (OEM) $117.70 One year warranty
- water pump (NAPA) $84.97 Three year warranty
- water pump (Canadian Tire) $91.28
- timing belt (NAPA) $70.02
- Altn. drive belt (NAPA) $27.35
- tension spring (OEM) $4.60 90507-17003
- oil seal (OEM) $7.10 90311-38067
- tensioner pulley(OEM) $142.xx

The Toyota dealer quotes 4.8 hrs to do the job .

#7 ·
I brought my camera with me and when we do the work tomorrow I can take some pictures of the process. It is tight in there but I think it will work.
We stopped off at Hood River, Oregon for the night and it is a good thing I brought my laptop along or I would have got this post when we were done.
I can even post it on my web site and put a link here, we'll see what works.

#8 ·
Stelly said:
I brought my camera with me and when we do the work tomorrow I can take some pictures of the process. It is tight in there but I think it will work.
We stopped off at Hood River, Oregon for the night and it is a good thing I brought my laptop along or I would have got this post when we were done.
That's excellent Stelly, thank you!

G
#9 ·
Stelly said:
Any updates Stelly?
Mine broke last week and just sitting in the shop :(
140K miles.

G
#10 ·
ccaddy said:
For us Canadian RAV owners , here's some part prices for you .

- water pump (OEM) $117.70 One year warranty
- water pump (NAPA) $84.97 Three year warranty
- water pump (Canadian Tire) $91.28
- timing belt (NAPA) $70.02
- Altn. drive belt (NAPA) $27.35
- tension spring (OEM) $4.60 90507-17003
- oil seal (OEM) $7.10 90311-38067
- tensioner pulley(OEM) $142.xx

The Toyota dealer quotes 4.8 hrs to do the job .
I am interested in knowing what the part number is for all the one you listed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.