Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulled the trigger, I tinted every exterior light on the vehicle & the Front Toyota emblem with Vivvid Light smoke air release vinyl, Nice little project, not to hard , you just have to take your time. I love the look and I get lots of people asking about them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who knows for sure but the cops around here seem to be more concerned about the rampant drug problems than tinted headlights...hopefully!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Who knows for sure but the cops around here seem to be more concerned about the rampant drug problems than tinted headlights...hopefully!
Wish our city was like that. In mine meth runs rampant while moms and dads get ticketed for speeding by 5 over and tinted lights. Hoards of kids always vandalizing and breaking in to cars. But the money is in the tickets of law abiding citizens who went a bit over. No, I haven't gotten a ticket in over 10 years, so not just vendictive, just a concerned citizen. Lol

On topic though, love everything except the headlights. The emblem I'd do a bit more subtle but a good idea I'd never thought of. I'd love to tint my tail lights. They look great!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking of blacking out the silver part of the lower front and rear fascia as well as the roof rails. Psuedo murdered out in a way.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Take off the roof rails. Even better Imo. Costs a bit of money for new hardware though but is pretty easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger, I tinted every exterior light on the vehicle & the Front Toyota emblem with Vivvid Light smoke air release vinyl, Nice little project, not to hard , you just have to take your time. I love the look and I get lots of people asking about them. View attachment 144637 View attachment 144638
Holy Crap. I love that color on that Rav. What year is that? That little project turned out great!
funny enough bought some vviid light smoke vinyl. It’s been sitting in the closet for months. How much did you purchase? Heat gun or no? Tips please!
Great Job ??????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a 2018 SE with Black Currant Metallic paint, definitely use a heat gun, take your time and check out CKwraps on youtube, he uses the same vinyl and he has several videos that are extremely helpful in getting the job done well, thanks for the kind words and good luck! Post some pics of your ride after you get finished.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts