Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Tinting Privacy Glass

23465 24
Looking to tint my 2019 XLE-P. Does anyone know the light transmittance of the privacy glass? Typically I would do 35% fronts and 20% rear and back window. I believe the ceramic tint that I've been thinking about having put in tops out at 50%. Any experiences tinting the rear glass?

Thanks.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tried to edit the above, for those interested in film, I'll just add:
The Llumar ATR Charcoal 15 rear and 35 front. I like the windshield sun strip (15). Also had clear installed over the headlights. $396. So far I see no difference of operation in any auto tech feature. The dealer had already installed clear hood bra and front door handles and edge. My guy is just down the road from my Toyo dealer and said they do a lot of work for the dealership, just not on my car. They could have "bra'ed" up my unit for less than the dealer listed. ($699)
Another group member commented with more info on the Llumar product:
ATR is a good film, very nearly the performance of CTX but not quite, but a good bit cheaper than CTX, you were probably better off as dealers will fit the cheapest crap and say 'yes its Llumar film' but not explain that its Llumar AT which is pretty crap single ply dyed film
then,
Ctx is a ceramic film, very very good heat rejection but expensive, the dyed range goes AT - ATC - ATR, then into the ceramics
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Crossover suv

·
Registered
2011 Barcelona Red Rav4 Sport
119 Posts
They could have "bra'ed" up my unit for less than the dealer listed. ($699)
Yup, that's all dealers do for things like window tinting and clear bra. They take it to a local shop who will give them a wholesale price, then they will mark it up and call it a "dealer installed option". The ONLY advantage would be when buying the car, they can work the cost into your loan. Other than that, going thru the dealership for those kinds of upgrades is an absolute ripoff.

Reactions: Numbers
21 - 25 of 25 Posts