Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered WeatherTech sunroof deflector and bug shield. They arrived in a day and a half! Awesome! 100 points for WeatherTech!

Me? Give me a big fat zero.

A little tip: When installing the bug deflector put a towel or something over the front of the engine compartment. This 70 year-old spazzed out and three fasteners fell into the engine, not to be found again. My fault!

Skip down for the good stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone finds they need them - the size of expandable nylon rivet should be 7mm wide X ~14mm long. My problem was my fault - it is best to partially screw down the fastener before pushing it into the bug shield holes. That way they are just wide enough not to fall right out.
--
Pico fat fingers

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Don't blame yourself, there are a few threads on this with others finding difficulty with the two outboard nylon rivet attachments. For me, the solution was to use a slightly larger size for those two. Other than that slight change, the fit and quality of the WeatherTech bug shield is first rate, one of my favorite farkles. Rock chips are pretty much nil after two years, and the paint quality remains very high.

The wife said something like 'You put a mustache on the RAV!' And like a mustache, it kind of grows on you, lol.

Hoping to see how yours looks--the black/smoke on blizzard white would be sweet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Pico

How was the sun roof deflector to install? I'm looking at ordering either the Weathertech or AVS...(the one that uses the 3M tape) depending on installation ease and 3M stickability in the sometimes -50C. weather we get here in Saskatchewan.

I leaning towards the Weathertech one but I'd appreciate any info or advice regarding either one…. especially the 3M tape issues with cold weather.

Cheers!
Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts