Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I couldn' make a steep slope that I did a lot of time with other 2wd cars. The front weels slipped and I go back and tried again without succeed I tried with s1 gear mode because with my previous car I user the first gear. Can you have any tips I can use next time? Thanks

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The hybrid is AWD, not 2WD.
In a situation where you're not able to move forward due to wheel slippage, try turning off traction control.

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
In Italy rav4 hybrid is also 2wd
Interesting, I learned something.

From Top Gear test of a Euro model:

So Toyota has either stumbled upon a goldmine of untapped genius, or no-one’s really done the hybrid crossover thing before for a reason.

Well it’s not for want of versatility. You can have a front-wheel drive RAV4 Hybrid or, like this car we’re driving, a four-wheel drive version. The bootspace hasn’t been eaten by a big clumsy battery pack, and the rear seats are still very roomy. It’s not even painfully slow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Then your only option is to just go faster.

You may wish to complete your profile so that people know where you are and what you drive.
Or let some air out of the tires. What's the PSI in yours? In the US some people report their RAV4's coming with 50+ PSI.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I've already adjust the tire pressure. Next time I' m going to drive faster. Thank you
Yes with a 2WD hybrid system you're a slave to the traction control. You can turn it off but the system will still refuse to allow you to spin the wheels more than just a little. This is a good thing, since spinning wheels can blow out an electric motor or inverter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Interestingly, a tip that sometimes work with snow, is back up instead, the weight is then on the downhill wheels, not the uphill wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts