Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install the Rough Country 2.5” lift on my 2019 XLE RAV4.

I wanna go 245/75/16 with the Toyo Open Country AT/III. As for the tire I read on a couple posts there is minimal rubbing with tires this big. My questions is can it be trimmed easily to get rid of the rubbing and if so could I go with even bigger tires possibly 255.

For the wheel I can’t seem to find info on the offset I need. I’m looking at all kinds of wheels and they all seem to vary on offsets so I am asking if this matters too much or if I should only be looking at wheels with a certain offset.
Thank you in advance if you take the time to read all this and help me out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You can go as high as a +40mm up to a +15mm without modification. At 245/75/16 you're 0.7 inches wider so depending on your offset you may be rubbing at full lock in the front liner.

·
Registered
526 Posts
A 245/75R16 is a 30.5" tire. Speaking from experience, a +25 offset wheel will be around flush with the fenders. You will need to trim the lower valence at the front of the wheel well, but that is easy.

A 255/75R16 would be 31.1". My 30.5" with the above approximate specs only have about .25" of clearance at the rear of the wheel well, sk I would be hesitant advertising a 31"+ tire could fit without some not-insignificant trimming.

·
Registered
526 Posts
A 245/75R16 is a 30.5" tire. Speaking from experience, a +25 offset wheel will be around flush with the fenders. You will need to trim the lower valence at the front of the wheel well, but that is easy.

A 255/75R16 would be 31.1". My 30.5" with the above approximate specs only have about .25" of clearance at the rear of the wheel well, sk I would be hesitant advertising a 31"+ tire could fit without some not-insignificant trimming.
One correction: +25-+30 will be flush or a few cm outside of the fenders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 245/75R16 is a 30.5" tire. Speaking from experience, a +25 offset wheel will be around flush with the fenders. You will need to trim the lower valence at the front of the wheel well, but that is easy
Any chance you could post a picture of the trimming you had to do?

You can go as high as a +40mm up to a +15mm without modification. At 245/75/16 you're 0.7 inches wider so depending on your offset you may be rubbing at full lock in the front liner.
Much appreciated. Looks like I’ve settled on 245/75/16 just struggling to find 16” wheels that I like because of the 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 TRD Offroad
11 Posts

There's a guy in Alberta running a 2.5" lift with 265/65R17 tires. He said they had to relocate the washer fluid container upwards slightly and trimming on the front.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There's a guy in Alberta running a 2.5" lift with 265/65R17 tires. He said they had to relocate the washer fluid container upwards slightly and trimming on the front.
That is a 30.5" tire also. Surprised it needed all that, unless the front lift was done with aftermarket coils rather than spacers. The spacers most of us run do limit up-travel for the front suspension.

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 TRD Offroad
11 Posts
That is a 30.5" tire also. Surprised it needed all that, unless the front lift was done with aftermarket coils rather than spacers. The spacers most of us run do limit up-travel for the front suspension.
Maybe because it is a wider tire? Not 100% sure on his offset either so maybe that factored in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts