Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand and model tires did your RAV4 come with?
Mine came equipped with the craptastic Toyo Open Country A20's. Worst snow traction, ever.
My 2005 with Nexen brand tires handles better.

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
'15 Limited came with Toyo A20s, sucky tires at best! The '16 HV came with Yoko Geolandar G91A, about the same.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the Toyo's as well. After 2 summers (I run Winter's on rims from October to April) the inner and outer edges are gone. I don't corner hard and drive for fuel economy, not performance. The tires must have 18,000 km on them at the most. I hate it that I will have to replace the tires before the lease is up. :(

·
Registered
449 Posts
Michelin Latitude Tour HP on my 2016 XLE Hybrid. Came standard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Really? Did you request that? Seems like an awfully expensive tire to put on an LE model. Those are nice!
I didn't request them. Bought the LE right off the lot. The salesman said it just came in off the truck. Maybe it's a "made for Toyota" version of the Latitude?

I sure like the ride though. I've read so many posts here about road noise with the RAV4, but my LE is very quiet. Quieter than the Outback I traded in and quieter than my girlfriend's CR-V.

Regardless, I've always put Michelin's on my cars when it came time to replace the tires (usually Defenders), so I was stoked to see the Latitudes.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus. I make sure proper tire pressure is maintained.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dunlop ST30 Grandtrek on my 2016 LE AWD. Got to test them out during Portland's "Snowpocalypse" a few weeks ago. Very sure footed in deeper fresh snow, on packed snow, and pretty grippy on the ice. I didn't actually expect as good a performance due to some of the reviews I've seen. I'm an experienced winter driver from the East Coast & Minnesota. I'm wondering what folks are replacing their OEM tires with though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 LE, Yokohama Geolander G91A, at 30500 miles with about 5/32 left. Looking to replace with Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring in Spring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2017 Rav4 LE - I got Yokohoma Geolander.
The one I test drove at a different dealership had Michelin and I was hoping that all new Rav4 came with Michellin and was excited. But the one I purchased ultimately at a different location due to color selection got me Yokohoma.

Wondering if dealer puts tires or manufactuter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Think they were Bridgestone Ecopias on the 17 Hybrid SE, but whatever they were, I dumped for the Michelin Premier LTX. I'm sure the OEMs were perfectly adequate, but I need to travel in different types of weather and conditions and just felt better with a better tire.

Don't have space to swap tires as I should, so I tried to do the next best thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts