Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's it. I'm getting my snows off today. Even if we get more snow, the factory tires are brand new. We'll then get to try them out in bad weather. But here's hoping Spring is almost here!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought Michelin Xi2s when I bought the car. We can get quite a bit of snow where I am so I went with dedicated snows and kept the factory tires & rims for the other 3 seasons.

Why not just go with BFGoodrich K02 tires all year round , they make them in P225/65R17.

All-Terrain T/A KO2 | BFGoodrich Tires

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I have the K02's on my 2015 LE Rav4 , stock rims , stock tire size P225/65R17 7,000 miles on them. Work great , ride a little rough because of the 10 ply construction and run 56psi to keep side wall flex away on the road. A little road noise because of tread design. Very good traction off road.

Hydroplane all tires have their limits , depending on speed and water depth. K02 hydroplane less then others.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes I have the K02's on my 2015 LE Rav4 , stock rims , stock tire size P225/65R17 7,000 miles on them. Work great , ride a little rough because of the 10 ply construction and run 56psi to keep side wall flex away on the road. A little road noise because of tread design. Very good traction off road.

Hydroplane all tires have their limits , depending on speed and water depth. K02 hydroplane less then others.
Great input, thanks! Tire rack did not show these fitting my 2016 Limited Hybrid (that has yet to arrive). I am not sure why - I had tried to check on the RAV4 17" rims but their database must be mucked up. I won't spring for the stock rims I don't think but now I have to look through the hundreds of rims that show fitment - I am just not sure how to check (at Tire Rack) that their options are true Toyota fit without spacers or centering plates or whatever. I agree that the K02's or other similarly aggressive dirt and rock capable tires are no worse than many in hydroplaning. From experience they are also pretty darned good in snow. I may use these all year round and not trade out to snows in my mountain home.

I am pondering going to 16" to gain some more sidewall cushion against rocks and I may not go with the 10 ply version to reduce cost and spinning, unsprung weight.

I am also pondering going up 1" in diameter to get just that little bit more ground clearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts