Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good source for a 17in. tirefor our new RAV for the repalcements yet? My size is 225-6517 I guess yours must be too.

I can't find X-Ice or different ones up in this area.

·
Registered
771 Posts
You may not find X-Ice this year for it. The reality is that you may have to go with 16" rims for the winter if you want a set of tires that won't cost you a tonne.

I'm am almost sure the size on the Chrysler 300m is the same as the new RAV and the X-Ice is available for that. You may want to keep searching, it good you have started early.

Later. M.

P.S. I'll use my connections to see if and when they will be available and let you know on this post. M.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about a good replacemnt for the OEM dueler on there now.... I hear that a top of the line Dueler Alenza is excellent and they are in 17" , or any other good suggestions?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bruce. I own a V6 and decided to replace the Geos the day I took delivery with Bridgestone Alenzas 235 65 17, which is a size larger than OEM and .4 inch taller than OEM. I am very pleased. Very grippy in the wet I tested them in an empty parking lot and had to push really hard in the wet to trigger the VSC. It did not snow here so did not try them on snow or ice. Bridgestone offers a 30 day trial warranty. Within that period, you can return the tires if your not happy.

By the way have you calculated your fuel consumption and if so, what is it?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with the service manager at my dealer he said there will be a few more choices... Fortera by Goodyear may be OK, have any of you folks heard of this tire yet? It is coming in about 4 weeks in our size.

I still have to calculate my fuel consumption on these tires before I let them go.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Fortera is a good tire, some 4 runner owners have use them and like them alot. It also have good wet and snow rating from tirerack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts