Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Rav4 hybrid limited. My 2012 Camry had a display showing the pressure in each tire on the entune screen. That screen is not available on the Rav4 entune and I hope I am just not finding this display. Can somebody help me find the tire pressure display.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on your new RAV4!. I picked mine (Gas Limited) up less than a week ago and am slowly getting acclimated to it but can't find the TPMS reset button. Manual says it's there so I must be blind.

I have read several places that our new RAVs do not have the individual tire pressure display feature anymore. Bummer.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Yep... Same with my Corolla S-Premium.
The data is in the ECU and you can read it with Techstream, so there SHOULD be a way to write a PID for the Torque or Carista apps to read it.
It can be difficult to pull codes through the ECU from external processors, such as pulling Transmission codes from the TCU, but we can pull trans temp, so there has to be a PID that'll do it.

AFAIK, only the Camry has the individual display, not available on the base model, and not available on Canadian models.

Crazy, US mandates TPMS, and Canada mandates DRL.
They can't turn their DRLs off, but don't have TPMS.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yup. Saved me CAD$300 on my winter tires for the Canadian RAV4, since no TPM sensors and no programming required.

I'm curious though. Where is the TPMS light on the dash on the US model?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yup. Saved me CAD$300 on my winter tires for the Canadian RAV4, since no TPM sensors and no programming required.

I'm curious though. Where is the TPMS light on the dash on the US model?
My 16 RAV4 limited hybrid is being built rights now. I was pricing out winter tires and just assumed it had TPMS in Canada.

If mine shows up without TPMS, I'll be happy

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 16 RAV4 limited hybrid is being built rights now. I was pricing out winter tires and just assumed it had TPMS in Canada.

If mine shows up without TPMS, I'll be happy
Hey, mine was supposed to roll off the assembly line on Wednesday the 24th this last week. Can't confirm it did though. Yours?

Myself I have to come to appreciate my TPMS - especially when I can see each tire's pressure as I can my Acura that I am trading in. Which they exposed that data in the RAV. Very convenient and safe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, mine was supposed to roll off the assembly line on Wednesday the 24th this last week. Can't confirm it did though. Yours?

Myself I have to come to appreciate my TPMS - especially when I can see each tire's pressure as I can my Acura that I am trading in. Which they exposed that data in the RAV. Very convenient and safe.
I put my deposit down Feb 11 and at that time they said mine was scheduled to be built within the next 2 weeks, I haven't checked with them since. They did say to expect 6-8weeks for it to arrive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a 2019 Rav 4 Hybrid.... I can't find any electronic showing of my tire pressure. I'm sure if there is a problem my monitoring system will alert me. But my old highlander hybrid used to display tire pressure... is that feature removed on the Rav 4? Am I relegated to get out of my car and check manually?

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
I just purchased a 2019 Rav 4 Hybrid.... I can't find any electronic showing of my tire pressure. I'm sure if there is a problem my monitoring system will alert me. But my old highlander hybrid used to display tire pressure... is that feature removed on the Rav 4? Am I relegated to get out of my car and check manually?
There is no option for tire pressure display, it used to be on the diagnostic menu, but isn't on the late 4th gen or 5th gen, the only 4th gen option is with Techstream on a laptop, or an app using an OBD adapter, Tire Assistant app works pretty good for Android phones, Carista works for both Android and Apple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts