Went to a major tire dealer and paid $50.00 to have a flat fixed
because of the tire pressure monitor, normally they charge
$7.00. They fixed the flat within 15 minutes. So I asked them
when I purchase new tires will I have to pay $50.00 mounting fee
on each tire they said no. What gives?

·
Registered
230 Posts
You got screwed. I had to replace the left rear tire on my wife's RAV and I paid $17 to have the new tire put on and balanced.

I'm not so sure I would not call the Better Business Bureau on them because that is a blatant ripoff.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I think they need to use a special machine to take the tire off, if they just do a plug, they didnt even have to take the tire off. Did they do a plug and a patch and then re-balance?

·
Registered
230 Posts
The G Man said:
I think they need to use a special machine to take the tire off, if they just do a plug, they didnt even have to take the tire off. Did they do a plug and a patch and then re-balance?
I'm guessing they patched it from the inside.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the reply to my e-mail to corporate.

Dear Ray,
Thank you for your email. All of our store are independently owned and operated franchises. We do not quote prices and can not set prices. If you have a question as to what is charged you will need to speak with the store manager.
Sincerely

I did check with other tire stores, they do not charge extra
but they don't guarantee the sensor. (the store I went to did
guarantee replacement if they broke the sensor). $40 for insurance what a deal!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They seriously ripped you off. I have a friend that works in a tire store (Goodyear) and I asked him about it and he said they don't charge anything extra in you have tire sensors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts