Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason the tire pressure warning light would NOT come on? My wife has an '05 RAV4 that had one tire with 5 psi in it... Apparently a slow leak but was essentially driving on a flat tire... with no indication. :x

The situation is under control at the moment.... just irritated that the fancy system doesn't work. I guess it's better than working too well.. ;)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Maybe the system wasn't calibrated correctly. Check with the dealer. Note that when you change tires in the future. it will have to be calibrated if you change sizes. Some can be reset by the button for your air presure. I think the system works with your ABS. Some other manufacturers use an active system with individual wheel sensors mounted inside the tire on the rim. These are more accurate but usually come on high-end luxury cars. Also availabe aftermarket.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interestingly, she reinflated her tire yesterday, then the light came on afterwards... The book just says to push the button to reset it. However, I think it must be pressed and held for 30 seconds to reset.

I will be doing that today... as she has left it with me to deal with... ;)

-C

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the opposite issue. Our warning light came on and as near as I can tell the LF tire was off by 2 PSI (checked with a reliable needle gauge). It's okay, but, 2 PSI? That sounds a bit ... aggressive.

-kj-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts