Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ei guys! just curious about my tire. my right side front tire is always dropping 3.5 psi for 2weeks.

i put 32 psi all my front tire and after 2weeks one of my front tire drop to 28.5psi...then i try not to put some air on that one tire, then after 2weeks it drop to 23psi.....i noticed this scenario for 3month in a row.

the other 3 tire pressure is not changing its stable.

i dunno if i can ask toyota to replace or check this problem...i just bought this last nov. 05 (pre owned) and still have 7yrs / 100k miles warranty on it.

any advice or any item need to check to that tire?

thanks in advance!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it is flat tire, it is leaking somewhere :).
Cant be less complicated than that, it should be quick and cheap repair at some tire place..

·
Registered
167 Posts
And make sure they check the rim for any bends or anything. Doesn't take much for the rim to get bent enough to cause a slow air leak.

Also, how old is the tire? Could be a bad valve stem or something as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Valve Stem

Like vigil says
And make sure they check the rim for any bends or anything. Doesn't take much for the rim to get bent enough to cause a slow air leak.
I had a slow leak and it turned out to be a bad valve stem :D

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not a flat tire....i dont know if its leaking somewhere.

i'll try to drop by at tire repair shop as advise by other member.

thanks

·
Registered
771 Posts
Alloys? leaking around the rim is the most common problem. Have them replace the valve stem and reseal around the rim as well as check for anything stuck in the tire. Not a big fix. Some reputable places do it for free. Costco is one. Just a suggestion if you have one in your area.

Later. M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts