Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some recommendations!!!
I have 2012 Rav4 4.3 base AWD with 4 wheel drive button.
I bought used with approximately 35K miles on it from dealer. I am disappointed that now only 10k miles later I have to replace tires 225/65/P17
I am looking for recommendation for all season radials with decent life and decent in the snow as I live in upstate NY and travel to Fort Drum often.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
There are endless posts about tires in the 4.3 Exterior section. I'd suggest searching there as the best starting point.

BTW, if I could only put one set of tires on for summer and winter use, where it snows in the winter, I'd definitely be looking at the Nokian WRG3 SUV tires.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have Hankook dyna pro atm in 235/65-17...they set amazing in snow, mud and rain...noise level is low and they wear great...have used them on 3 suvs...also if a tire is not available in your area check online places like tirerack.com and discounttiredirect.com

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Round ones.

I would personally recommend that you get a 2nd set of wheels. Then buy one of the top rated studless tires. Nokians are typically too much dough for not much more performance. Any of the blizzaks in your size. I current run a WS70, they are on WS80s or the DMV2. Michelin Ice X series are good too. As most winter tires (at least he Blizzaks) are only good for the 1st half of their tread life, I run nice winter tires in the winter. There are 2 sets of wear indicators on a winter tire. When The first indicator is meet I retire them from winter duty and run them in the summer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Based on my research, I would agree - these will be my next purchase for Northern Vermont

There are endless posts about tires in the 4.3 Exterior section. I'd suggest searching there as the best starting point.

BTW, if I could only put one set of tires on for summer and winter use, where it snows in the winter, I'd definitely be looking at the Nokian WRG3 SUV tires.

·
Registered
165 Posts
+1 on extra set of winter tires/wheels if you travel more during winter, saves you in the long run plus never sacrifice the necessary traction.

But if you prefer an all season, you can't go wrong with Firestone Destination LE2.

S

·
0 Posts
I run 4ea. continental pro contact w/eco in the summer
4ea. bridgestone blizzak in the winter

Northern Michigan. . . . . . . works great, snows are on own set of steel wheels

1 - 12 of 12 Posts