Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rav has 17's which are stock size, can i buy 16 inch rims for winter tires and use those for the winter months? Family member has almost new 16 inch winter tires from a nissan they sold. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have my snow tires mounted on 16" steel rims. My snow tires are size 225/70R16 and are almost exactly the same diameter as the stock 225/65R17 tires. What size are the snow tires you're looking to use?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my snow tires mounted on 16" steel rims. My snow tires are size 225/70R16 and are almost exactly the same diameter as the stock 225/65R17 tires. What size are the snow tires you're looking to use?
The snow tires i want to use are 215/65/16's. Want to use them cause then i wouldn't have to spend a bunch of money on a new set! :smile

·
Registered
73 Posts
215/65R16 is quite a bit smaller diameter than the stock size. Your speedometer and odometer will read high by 5.5%, and you may also run into problems with ABS and traction control since the wheels will be spinning faster than the car thinks they should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts