Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Rav4 base 4WD and the recommended size on the sticker is 225/65/R17...now I found a good deal on a set of winter tires and rims but they are 235/55/P18......can I use that size? It seems it is ok for sport but can't find info on if it will be ok on my base model....just want to know if I can go up to that size without any issues.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I have a 2010 Rav4 base 4WD and the recommended size on the sticker is 225/65/R17...now I found a good deal on a set of winter tires and rims but they are 235/55/P18......can I use that size? It seems it is ok for sport but can't find info on if it will be ok on my base model....just want to know if I can go up to that size without any issues.

That will fit perfectly. That is the stock size for the Sport model. The only thing is ensure the offset (39 or 45), thread size (M12 x1.5) and bolt pattern (5 x114.3) size is correct for the wheel.

This site should help you out to verify your results.

Is this a factory RAV4 wheel or aftermarket one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are after market rims I believe from Fountain Tire - he got them and used them on a 2016 Rav4 SE

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
If the wheels were fitted on a 2016 RAV4 we know a few things by looking at the wheel specs for that vehicle. The 2016 have the same bolt pattern, thread size and offset as your 2010 so it should work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok...so I won't have any issues with turning safely as one person told me it could affect that and it won't affect my 4WD sensors etc?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts