Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i have 235/65-17s...however do some searching and you will find post from people with the 245s...the spare tire cover does not fit, but they say the tires work well with no rubbing...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my new tires mounted yesterday, love the way they fill the wheel well, and the ride is much improved. The only problem is the kid at the tire place cracked 3 of my chrome wheel covers. They are ordering me a new set.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Got my new tires mounted yesterday, love the way they fill the wheel well, and the ride is much improved. The only problem is the kid at the tire place cracked 3 of my chrome wheel covers. They are ordering me a new set.
How are they so far? Tried on some off road already?
Heard couple of good comments about this tire and would consider if it could do good as GY Wrangler AT Adventure for some GA wet and muddy roads. Seen the Adventure lower at DiscountTire.com, 4WheelOnline.com, etc., Trailmarks has good competitive price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The shop installed my new wheel covers today after work woohoo!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Contemplating getting the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S tires in 245/60R18. Since I am stuck with my sports 18 inch wheels its much harder for me to get beefier tires that fit our cars unfortunately

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I told the guy at the tire place to get me those, he never called me the next week so I ordered the goodyears. I have read good stuff on the yokos

·
Registered
148 Posts
I looked at other brands, but nothing makes an A/T tire in 235/65R18, and the closest would be the Yokohama's in 245/60R18 without me buying a new set of wheels (16" or 17") to fit a different tire.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Tapeit59, I think the 255 are too wide and will cause some rubbing/loss of turning. I think I read 245 was the biggest that will fit without any issues what-so-ever. I can be wrong though

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Tapeit59, I think the 255 are too wide and will cause some rubbing/loss of turning. I think I read 245 was the biggest that will fit without any issues what-so-ever. I can be wrong though[/QUOTE

Many sport owners have installed 255/55-18 tires and they claim to have no issues at all...they look pretty good on those rims...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 245 / 65R17 are 29.5 "high x 9.6" wide and fit on the 2006 to 2012 Rav4.

The 235 / 65R18's have 30 'high by 9.3 wide. So a little less wide about 1/4 "and 1/4" more radius.

On my Rav4 2006 I checked the clearance by working the suspension and turning the wheels to the maximum and there is room
for these tires 235 / 65R18 which have 1 "more in radius without rubbing at the front strut or at the Body.

What's cool with tires a little higher is the look but also the feeling of inertia is more important
(at the expense of a little performance but with v6 3.5 there is still enough). :)

Too wide is'nt good on snow. 235 is realy nice. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts