Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.
I purchased a 2016 SE this last week and am coming from a 2009 Venza the last 7+ years. The first SE I test drove had some type of Toyo tires on it (these are both 18" wheels), and the one I ended up purchasing has Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus tires. As I hit more road surfaces and especially rougher blacktop roads I'm hearing more noise than I should be I believe, and it's getting irritating. I did not notice this on the first tires from test drive, but possible they were smoother roads?
I know for a fact the Michelin Premier LTX tires were excellent in all weather and very quiet on my Venza, and I'm thinking of trading in mine while they are new and I can get "some" value from them. Question is, and I peeing in the wind here? Has anyone that has run these tires noticed different tires improved their experience? These are not the Dueler 422 Ecopia, these are Ecopia H/L 422 Plus. I've never had much luck with Bridgestone tires in the past personally, hopefully that is it.
BTW, tires had 45-47 friggen lbs in them when I checked from the dealer, I dropped them to the recommended 32 lbs but issue is still there.
Thank you for the help!
Kevin

·
Registered
644 Posts
The common mistake is when people compare worn tires with brandnew. Old tires always noisy.

~ 2016 Toyota RAV4 Limited (Gas) Electric Blue ~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts