Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Peeps: i happy this site is out thur, its very helpful!!

I would like to know what size of tire could fit on to a 18" rim, I belive it is 235/50/18, but does anybody know for sure!!!
i have 1998 rav4 :D

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have a 1996 RAV4 with 18" x 8" wheels and they take 235/50/18 sized tyres very nicely. Here are some pics:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oo

oo i thought it was thanks. Those rims are pretty nice , did u have to lower ur rav4 or is the same as when u bought it???

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just wondering did u buy the springs of ebay? or somewhere else, because this auto shop where i live is charging about 400 dollars for them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
is it a bad thing if I make it an inch bigger along with 18" rims?
Mohit, do you have spacers on it as well as these rims?

·
Registered
682 Posts
babyboycs, i bought the lowering springs from a local suspension and wheel place and got them to install it as well. I payed AU$340 for springs, labour and wheel alignments.

nl4jy, what do you mean by 1" bigger? are you refering to the overall diameter (od)? my new rims/tyres have an od which is 20mm smaller than the original rims/tyres (215/70/16).

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oohh ok... Im Thinking of lowering my car but I think im going to get coil over instead, but do u think that would be more expensive???

·
Registered
57 Posts
is it possible to have the diameter of the tires an 1" bigger? would that cause rubbing when I lower it too? Planning to use bags. If it would cause a problem, then I'll just go with bigger rims but leave the diameter the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts