Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I able to fit 235/70/16 on my stock 2 door RAV without rubbing? I found some Micky Thompsons I would like to put on before the winter but wanted to make sure they fit before I buy them. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I wasn't sure, because the only tire sizes they give for the 96 Rav is for 215/70/16. I know with the manual gearbox I should have a little more room though as well.

·
Registered
425 Posts
All my research says 235/70s (most, if not all the info is on here) may need the rear of the front arches working on. It may be as simple as removing the arch liner, maybe more work. I also read you may have some contact with the gearbox.

225/70s are supposed to fit with no mods, so having lost much of my enthusiasm for cutting and hammering bits of car, I'll be ordering a set of 225/70x16 BFG ATs myself shortly.

I suppose the width and offset of your wheels will have an effect also.

Oh, just got my Rav4 a couple of weeks ago, after many months searching for the right one. A black 4.1 facelift with ABS. Upgraded from a Suzuki Vitara/Sidekick. Got bored of 82 BHP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought and custom painted some 16" core racing rims and I want to run 225 75 r16 Tires.. I am currently running 225 70 r16 that seem to have lots of room. How can I make these work? I have heard with minimal shaving of some of the plastic in the fender Wells it is doable. These are on a 1997 Toyota Rav4. I did scour the threads and couldn't find anything but this is my first time here, so if I missed it I'm sorry lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.