Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ouch! looks like 2005 is a year for replacement of major wear and tear items in my RAV. The Pep boys dude informed me that the treadwear on 2 of my tires are below spec. What have you guys been replacing the OEM tires with? I would like to splurge on the Michelin Ltx but the cost is holding me back. Have any of you had any good experiences with tires that are 'quiet'? The Bridgestones were pretty noisy, IMO.
Ravster

R

·
0 Posts
FYI the second link refers to 4.1s... dunno if they had the same wheel size/tires as 4.2s. My RAV came with Toyo Tranpath A-11s... haven't seen too many people mention those tires...

Jeff, I noticed before you were high on the Cooper Discoverer M+S, but lately you recommened the Yokahama Geolander G51. I assume you swapped out your tires? Did your old Coopers not last very long? You also compared the Coopers to Toyos... did you have Toyos as OEM as well?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new tires installed!

Got the Michellin LTX M/S 215/70 R16 installed in my RAV Saturday. I took it in on Friday, but when I returned to pick it up they hadnt figured out where the wheel lock keys are!! (FYI, they are under the carpet in the trunk)

The difference is like night and day! Its a lot quieter now. Hopefully, we're good for at least 50000 miles! :)

Ravster

·
Registered
15 Posts
try some yokohama geolanders, good value, good price, bought a set last fall from tire america for our 97 rav, our 03 rav doesn't need tires yet.

S

·
0 Posts
Re: new tires installed!

Ravster said:
Got the Michellin LTX M/S 215/70 R16 installed in my RAV Saturday. I took it in on Friday, but when I returned to pick it up they hadnt figured out where the wheel lock keys are!! (FYI, they are under the carpet in the trunk)

The difference is like night and day! Its a lot quieter now. Hopefully, we're good for at least 50000 miles! :)

Ravster
Do these fit on the 2005 Sport? I am as enamoured with Michelins as I am with Toyotas (2 Siennas , 1 4x4 PU, and now the Rav4). In every case, when it came time to replace the tires, I went with Michelins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts