Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I´d like to put on my RAV 235/70/16 tires, original tires are 215/70/16 do anyone know if there´s any problem with the width of the rim, aceleration, or breaking? I saw the specifications for the michelin cross road tires 235/70/16 and it says that the rim should be 7 and original rav4 rims are 6.5 but I think that they could fit ok.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hector, I can't answer your question, but I will say that I have had those Michelin Cross Terrain tires on my wifey's Lexus RX300 and they have been superb! :D I plan to consider that tire once the oem Toyos on the RAV get thin.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Viewing our "RAV4 Tire Fit List" ---> http://rav4world.com/index/tirelist.html you will see that a member has successfully fitted the 235/70/16 size.

Personally... I went with the 225/70/16 on my 1996 2DR. I've been running the Michelon Cross Terrains for over 50k miles now and expect to get at least another 10k miles out of them :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Don and Kelly for your answers. I saw the tire fit list.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My 235/70 16's work very nicely on my '04! No rub whatsoever and they look great (if I do say so myself :wink: ).

If those speed readout cart thingies that the cops put out every now and then are to be believed, my speedo is even absolutely dead on. It should be about 7% off IIRC, but I think I lucked out and maybe my speedo was off to begin with and the tires actually made it more accurate rather than less. Who knows. Even judging by traffic around me I seem to be fine. :)

Becky

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Becky

I´d like to know if your RAV had 215/70/16 x 6.5 or 235/60/16 x 7

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine had the 235/60 16's originally. Unfortunately they're still in my garage...anyone need some tires? :lol:

Becky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts