Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

To ALL CUSTOM V6 1mz-fe

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Teagan99rav 
#1 ·
I would like to know how did your project come out. Is it still running? How good? Where have you found problems? Were they resolved? What to watch out for?

#2 ·
Mensajero I had been looking for the same info, I like the idea of using a US engine because:
OBDII would still work
Parts would be easy
A 6 banger that is 100 lbs lighter would be great
While the hp isn't anywhere near a 3s-gte engine (168 - 194 hp) it would great improve over the 3s-Fe's anemic 127 hp.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any results from a swap. All the links where people are discussing it go dead, so either they never did it or just didn't share the experience.

Do you still have the engine from your friends truck that you pushed over that cliff? :wink

#3 ·
OK, here it is. My son is finishing his years in Collage. The 3SFE engine, even though it runs well, it will never be like before. Looking at EBay, the 3SFE engine in comparison in price with the 1mz-fe engine, are more or less the same. Their is a company in the UK who did do a V6 RAV4 named Woodsport.com Their was even a Video of it and it was a monster. Good thing about it I asked. They were cool enough to answer, big time. The answer is somewhere in this forum. All the details and all. Questions like; If I can use the same OBC with the V6? Which would be the best V6 engine to use? I just have to find it.

Their is another dude who also did the swamp, and all the details are here. The name of the blog is
Rav4 3VZ V6 Conversion
RAV4

This one is with a AWD RAV4, lots of pictures. He also advice a Camry a trans-axle gear swamp that he says it works like a glove.
This weekend I'm doing a new Rack & Pinion on my RAV4 and I still have some parts from the V6 project some where in my garage. Like always, I buy and hide. The dream is still one hold for the time being, But I shall prevail.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Not bad, but it only mentions the RAV4 once. And its the 05 RAV4. I'll try tonight to find the Dude who answered my question and I posted it on this forum. I'll send you a the link. Lets keep digging. Why? Well, in my experience, you save a lot of money and trial and error on other persons headache. Which learning from other experiences, you save a lot "of pain and suffering" so to speak. :D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.