Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gentlemen, as we know, our RAV4 are getting up there in years. (1994 to 2000) 10+ years. As we read throughout this forum we realize that some new RAV4s have problems that we NEVER have had. Our RAV4 are the Die Hard of our specie so to speak. 馃槈 A side from some early issue with pop out gears, and some water pump difficulties here and there. Our RAV4 are the best of the batch.

If by any chance you find parts, accessories, or even plan to take your RAV4.1 to the crusher, let us know. You might be able to make a buck or two in the process. If you find any source of information. By all means, please post a link here for the benefit of us old guys. I have a feeling we will be here for quite some time. It's very important to include pictures from all sides. Please don't leave any area of the part out of the picture. We might think that there is a problem/cracked/broken area 馃槈 :lol:

Registered
thanks for the link mensajero

the rear side markers are $14 each and comes out to $39.24 for a pair. My local stealer has the rear markers at $22.10 each

I still got them anyway. Hopefully these aftermarket ones will be better than the fade-prone koito brand

Registered
Rear Side Lights for 1996 RAV4

My local toyota dealer still had the rear ones, red. I first bought just the lenses, but when I took apart the side light, I realized the plastic holder was also broken disintegrated would be a better phrase). The dealer ordered me both sides of lights (complete with bulb and holder and lense for $50 each) and refunded me the lenses only. JmC

Registered
Buying from classified section on this forum

I am sure 99.9% sellers on here are honest about the condition of the parts they sell here. Unfortunatley I have bought two cd players that both skip even when the car is sitting still,so bumps cannot be blamed..I also advertised i needed an inside mirror,was contactedby a seller who had one,then when I paypalled the money to him,he paypalled it back saying it wasn't worth his time..This was after i agreed to HIS price....I am not out a lot of money,so a lesson leaned...Buyer Beware!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hola mensajero. Veo que eres de Pto Rico. Hablas espanol? vendes partes para las rav4?

OK dudes, mps2011 is asking if I speak Spanish and if I sell parts for RAV4. Let me PM him in my language and explain the do and don't of the forum. First "don't" is speak (or write) in another language other then English.

mps2011, busca tu PM o correo

Registered
My wife and I are going to Spain this year and are learning the language. It wasn't that difficult to translate. Perhaps we should encourage all the different languages, then we'll all be polylingual. Perhaps we should create another language, just for the Rav4 fora.......only joking :lol:.

Registered
I found a great online parts search that stands above all the rest. It yielded solid leads for me in looking for replacement seat belts for my '96 2-door! I just ordered them for $120 incl. shipping!

The search engine site is www.Car-Part.com/
You will get US, Canada, Mexico results off the search if you leave the area selection at "All Areas". Otherwise, select a specific region to you if driving distance to the source is important. Happy Hunting!! :)

If you are looking for parts for a 2-door '96 a solid immediate lead from the above site is Rancho Toyota Recycling at 877-551-5575 / 916-631-7777. Reference Stock #Z12304. :thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts