Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

To ALL RAV4.1 owners. [sourcing outdated parts?]

39866 54
Gentlemen, as we know, our RAV4 are getting up there in years. (1994 to 2000) 10+ years. As we read throughout this forum we realize that some new RAV4s have problems that we NEVER have had. Our RAV4 are the Die Hard of our specie so to speak. 馃槈 A side from some early issue with pop out gears, and some water pump difficulties here and there. Our RAV4 are the best of the batch.

If by any chance you find parts, accessories, or even plan to take your RAV4.1 to the crusher, let us know. You might be able to make a buck or two in the process. If you find any source of information. By all means, please post a link here for the benefit of us old guys. I have a feeling we will be here for quite some time. It's very important to include pictures from all sides. Please don't leave any area of the part out of the picture. We might think that there is a problem/cracked/broken area 馃槈 :lol:
Reactions: Cayman
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Premium Member
Go to ToyoDIY.com: Online Toyota, Lexus and Scion Parts Catalog (of course, no spaces).
Then, "enter parts catalog", "select your car" and "search by VIN number".
Place your VIN there and on the next page click on the "model code". Then, "electrical" and "electronic fuel injection system". The part numbers you seek are labeled as "COMPUTER, ENGINE CONTROL".

I performed the search with the VIN you posted on another thread and these are the results:
#89661-42360 (alternatively #89661-42361 , the one replaced the other at some point, not sure which one is the most recent number), or
#89661-42401 (alternatively #89661-42401 ) if your RAV4 is a Californian emissions spec'd model.

Registered
Thank you!
yes mine is the second one, the Californian emissions spec'd model. You have been most helpful sir and now I can get on with the work at hand instead of going around in circles. I do not have enough time as it is to work on the car between work and life , let alone trying this and that without success. code says I have a vacuum leak so now at least I can start troubleshooting .

Premium Member

Registered
here are some pics tnx
Wow just come onto this page-love that body kit you have. If the front nudge bar is part of it you can get that from E.C.B in Queensland Aust but the flares and rear chrome I have never seen. I have seen woodgrain inserts advertised on Ebay. The genuine Toyota wheel arch kits we have are nowhere as wide as that. Tony

Registered
Gentlemen, as we know our RAV4 are getting up their is years. (1994 to 2000) 10+ years. As we read throughout this forum we realize that some new RAV4s have problems that we NEVER have had. Our RAV4 are the Die Hard of our specie so to speak. 馃槈 A side from some early problem with pop out gears, and some water pump problems here the there. Our RAV4 are the best of the batch.

If by any chance you find parts, accessories, or even plan to take your RAV4.1 to the crusher, let us know. You might be able to make a buck or two in the process. If you find any source of information. By all means, please post a link here for the benefit of us old guys. I have a feeling we will be here for quite some time. It's very important to include pictures from all sides. Please don't leave any area of the part out of the picture. We might think that their is a problem/cracked/broken area 馃槈 :lol:
Very well said! I may be only nineteen years old but I knew when I got this car and found this forum I was getting into something special.
Everyone in the 4.1 forum has always been very helpful to me. WE CANNOT SEND THESE GEMS TO THE CRUSHER!!
Always let each other know if you have parts for sale, this is a great community!
Cheers Fellow First Generations!
Jack

Registered
Hello, All. I am moving from Maryland to Arizona. I'm going to take the 2012 RAV but am running out of excuses to take our faithful 2001 RAV with us. It starts and runs great at about 160K, but time for new tires and a timing belt and... The white, manual, 2000 RAV was purchased and raised in SoCal, so any corrosion (not a lot) is due to the last few winters it was driven in Maryland. Any thoughts? My wife thinks it's not worth taking, but I'm not sure what to sell it for or how to legitimize the expense of getting it to AZ (about $750). Anyone on the east coast looking for a parts car from Cali? Suggestions?

Registered
By this time, all the side markers are looking very pail, uncolored and some have even cracked. You can find them here and very cheap.
http://www.autodynamic.com/search_r...V4&btnSearch.x=14&btnSearch.y=11&btnSearch=go

I got the front yellow side markers and the two rear red side markers for about $11.00 each. So guys, jump on this one.
馃槈
The link does not work. I can't find them on the site. I was able to use double sided tape to keep the marker in place. What other cars do the markers fit? I recently purchased a master door switch for a 4 runner which fit my car.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts