Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to start this topic for awhile but why did Toyota not provide us with an ashtray in the brand new Rav4? Or is there an ashtray in the limited or sport models? On the brochure they picture an optional ashtray that they charge $17 for.
I guess Toyota is trying to tell us smokers that we need to quit smoking huh? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Actually, most manufacturers vehicles don't include the push-button lighter and ashtray now. A lot of the time it's a "smoker's package" option that the dealer installs and the socket is just called a 12V DC "power port".

In the case of the RAV, it's a lidded round canister that hogs up a cup holder, but some vehicles still have a slide out drawer/tray like the older cars do, even if it is optional. Suits me just fine, only drawback I find is that I used to fill the ashtray with pocket change! Now I can't do that anymore! :lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really didn't know that. My 05 Rav4 Sport had an ashtray. Interesting......I should quit smoking anyway.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cusack said:
I really didn't know that. My 05 RAV4 Sport had an ashtray. Interesting......I should quit smoking anyway.
Good idea!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have heard that Chrysler, in the 1990’s, was the first to make the ashtray an option. My 1998 Plymouth Voyager didn't have an ashtray.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts