Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a quick search where it was brought up but didn't see it exactly addressed:

According to the owner's manual, for the Ltd's auto headlights, they can be set to stay on for 0, 30, 60, or 90s after the doors are closed - this is a customizable feature that can be set by the dealer. I'm assuming there's a way we can do this ourselves? I believe mine are probably set to 30s now, I just want them to turn off right away when I turn the car off...

Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Second that. Is it something I have to have a dealer do in the computer? I think mine is set to the maximum right now and since it occasionally doesn't go out at all for one reason or another (no apparent pattern yet) I'd love it to just turn off when I turn it off.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
For around $40, you can buy the Techstream software and cable which will allow you to do this along with a lot of other stuff. Helps if you have a laptop to run it on. Yes, the dealer can do the same thing with their Techstream laptop, but they usually charge a half hour of labor, which will probably be more than $40.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
was hoping it'd be something like the maint where you could just hold a few buttons and access settings...

what's the ease of use? straightforward?

is this what you're referring to? Amazon.com : Fotga Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Diagnostic Cable & Software Model: ZB031 Car/Vehicle Accessories/Parts : Electronics

though i dont have a 32bit machine... haven't for quite some time
Yes, that's it. Do a search on this forum for Techstream. Several forum members have gotten it to work with 64-bit Windows.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that's it. Do a search on this forum for Techstream. Several forum members have gotten it to work with 64-bit Windows.

thanks - went ahead and purchased it. i'll figure out the rest when I get it lol. hopefully it's straightforward enough

1 - 6 of 6 Posts