Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this while browsing for RAV4 images:

It appears that he is one of the celebrity environmentalists that are into driving envirnometally friendly cars; such as the Toyota Prius.

Here is another image of Tom Hanks standing in front of a Scion xB, possibly a future hybrid? Sorry, the website is of a language that I do not understand.

Here is the website if anyone is interested:
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...+4&start=140&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they were. Maybe that's why he is standing in front of the xB? Does anyone know if he drives an xB now? Just curious. I wouldn't mind getting a Hybrid RAV4 if they ever make one; especially with gas prices on the rise here. :?

S

·
0 Posts
Is it true the Rav 4 EV's were recalled and destroyed?
I was doing some research and found where Toyota announced they were not going to make them anymore (past 2003) but I didn't see anything about recall and destruction!

I ordered an Owner's Manual for the 99 Rav I just got a week or so ago and by accident they sent me the 99 EV manual! I have to swap it this week. :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
sneakkitty said:
I ordered an Owner's Manual for the 99 RAV I just got a week or so ago and by accident they sent me the 99 EV manual! I have to swap it this week. :roll:

Curious, What did it cost you to order the owners manual??

S

·
0 Posts
It was about $20...maybe $21.95 or something close.
Apparently the Electric version and the gas version were the same price because they just did an even swap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
RAV4s not crushed

The RAV 4 was not crushed it was the EV1 that was recalled and destroyed.
I happen to know this as my father in law works in the electric car industry and he owns an electric RAV. He also owned two EV1s but they were taken back by the company after the leases expired and were destroyed.
The whole story is in the movie "who killed the electric car".

·
Registered
543 Posts
the rav4 ev was not recalled

It was discontinued, but not recalled or destroyed. Fortunately T is not as stupid as GM.

·
Registered
658 Posts
TXRavchick said:
Does it seem weird to anyone else that both photos appear to be taken in the exact same place (which makes ya think same day) but he's wearing two different outfits?
Most likely they were taken on different days. Its good to know Tom likes the RAV4 EV and Scion.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
the scion is called eBox made by AC Propulsion and costs about $50,000. It is a scion xb converted from gasoline to electric. I think Tom Hanks traded the rav4 EV on the eBox.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
learengi said:
TXRavchick said:
Does it seem weird to anyone else that both photos appear to be taken in the exact same place (which makes ya think same day) but he's wearing two different outfits?
Most likely they were taken on different days. Its good to know Tom likes the RAV4 EV and Scion.
yeh, the tree in front of the yellow signs looks different so probably not the same day even though the same place

1 - 14 of 14 Posts