Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this posting should be here, or in the General posts. If I'm wrong, sorry.

I ordered a Sport yesterday. Toyota is not offering the tonneau cover (Toyota code CD) for Sport models shipped to this region. I asked the dealer about ordering one and they came back stating it would be approx $500 (the dealer was astounded at the price). The MSRP for this (per Consumers Report) is $140.00. Does anyone know where this might be procured (a Toyota site, etc.) at a reasonable price? Based on your past experience, does anyone think the after market, some time in the future, start marketing these for 2006 RAV4's?

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
That's all well and good, but their prices better be *outstanding*, because I'd have to pay 5% tax! :? :cry:

http://www.magauto.com

Hey, they use the same TradeMotion commerce engine as PartzNet (Conicelli Toyota/Scion), which looks to beat them out a little in pricing (almost $1 diff for a $45 retail part).

Either way, I still have to pay for shipping...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called them on Thursday. They suggested that after I get the car, I go to the local Toyota Dealer's Parts department & have them give me a write up, of the parts I need, and then contact them with the parts numbers. I'll do that if I ever get the vehicle! I might just yet end up with the Honda EX/EX-P Element. I have a 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager that’s making me nervous.

·
Registered
234 Posts
jadenison said:
I might just yet end up with the Honda EX/EX-P Element. I have a 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager that’s making me nervous.
That's what we almost bought (not the Grand Voyager). Didn't like the doors with a small 7 year old. Just too much of a pain to always opening our door to let her out... Other than that, I liked it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m signed up to purchase a Flint Mica Sport, but the dealer hasn't come through yet. Just keeping my fingers crosses. One concern I have with the Sport, being I don't like to spend money sometimes, is what will it cost to replace the tires when they are worn. I know they won't be the price the ones on the Voyager are. Oh well, after a Voyager, what price glory?

What color do you see the Flint Mica as? Puttputt gave info on it in another post. What is your opinion. I'm tempted to go to a Lexus dealer, as it is a color on the Lexus also.

K

·
0 Posts
I think he was saying he was thinking about going to a Lexus dealer to see the Flint Mica color, not to see about buying a Lexus. Flint Mica is also a Scion color, so if your Toyota dealer is also a Scion dealer they may have a tC in Flint Mica. The few I went to didn't. But the one I got my Rav from had a sample of it. It's on a magnetic strip and he put it on the Rav to get an idea. To me it's a pearlized gray, very nice. I honestly wish I could had gotten a Flint Mica but they couldn't locate one. That's ok, still like my Classic Silver.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
khakiboy is right. I just want to see the color at the Lexus place, not spend the money for a Lexus. I do like Frank's Barcelona Red RAV4. I think that has moved to my second choice in colors for the Sport. I guess this has gotten off topic for the Interior group. Sorry.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think it was how I wrote it. I usually know what I'm thinking, so when I read what I wrote it always makes sense to me even if not to anyone else.

I enjoyed the "Tough Toyota Truck" piece you posted.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With my switch from the Dealer looking for a Flint Mica Sport, to reserving an incoming Black V6 Sport, which also doesn’t come with the Tonneau cover either, the Dealer is going to contact Toyota to see if a Tonneau cover can be added. I’m hoping they will, and it resolves this issue. Otherwise, I’ll go the other way.

I found out today (2/13) that it is to late to get the Tonneau cover, so I'll either caonatc the sourse Frank suggested or wait for the aftermarket to supply it. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts