Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Rav4 on Tuesday and I LOVE IT!! I've always had small sports cars so this is a bit of a change. Anyway, I hope I am posting this question in the correct place, please forgive me if I am not. I want to get a Tonneau Cover for my Rav and the dealer said that I can't buy it through them. He said that the factory sends them the covers with certain cars and he can't take one from another vehicle on the lot :roll: (Don't know why not, it's not like it's installed or anything) So my question is, where can I go, either to a store or a website to purchase one? I have seen a few on Ebay, but they are for the older models. I tooled around the site and read a few posts, everyone seems to be so helpful and nice! Hopefully someone out there will have an answer!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Does the brackets for the Tonneau Cover come installed in the models without the Tonneau Cover option? If not, that bracket may cost more than the Tonneau Cover itself.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flyingn...thanks! I looked at the site (they offer so much) and didn't see one, but I did email them!

Gman-yes, there are "holes" I guess where the tension rod fits into. It appears to be such an easy piece, yet so hard to find if you don't purchase it with the vehicle!! Apparently it's not an accessory, but an option so if you don't buy the Sport it won't come with it. I'm bound to find one though!

Thank you both for the response...I will continue my search!!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
jen just wait a bit and you will find one on the internet. Otherwise you can go to the stealer's parts department, I mean dealer's part's department and they should be able to order it for you, but I bet they will charge you an arm and a leg for it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm also looking for the Tonneau cover. If anyone is successful in locating a source, please post a message with details. I wonder how long it will take the Aftermarket people to offer these.

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
part number 6491042020B0 is tonneau cover I found for $232.62 I asked to make sure that I did not need anything else to make it work on my sport model Steve said I would need two hooks that are around $12.50 each. I found it on partznet.com. Guys at tundrasolutions use them.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry to dig up an old thread...but any new word on this? was anyone able to buy the tonneau cover as an accessory online somewhere? i tried searching partznet.com but to no avail.

i'm most likely going to buy a base rav4 (doesn't come w/ tonneau here in southern cali) and would love to know where i can buy one online+other necessary parts.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's amazing how they just rape you on this stuff when you buy it through the parts dept. I'd have to look at my sticker invoice but I thought the touneau cover was only like $150?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Standard and LTD Rav's are coming in to ATL with covers now on the msrp it has a price of $140.00 I think it is an SET option

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bontro said:
I just got my new RAV 2 days ago. I would be interested in selling my Tonneau cover if someone wants one. I'd much rather use the money for a trailer hitch :)
what do you want for it

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may also be interested. How much. Also, I will be in Milwaukee on the 21st and 22nd of this month, so I could pick it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts