Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just recently bought our 2015 XLE and are very happy with the car, EXCEPT !

This panel (window with fan speed) is giving off way too much reflection/glare, especially on bright sunny days and god forbid you have the sun roof open.

Has anyone had similar issues? and how did you remedy it?

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
You can buy screen protectors for tablets and laptops with a matte finish on them. One of these, cut to fit, might help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can buy screen protectors for tablets and laptops with a matte finish on them. One of these, cut to fit, might help.
Think I may have to go out this evening to my local superstore and see what they have.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My 2016 has this issue as well. Notice how with all cars the speedometer / tach / gage cluster is pushed into the dash so this doesn't happen? They know about this issue as shown in their design, they just don't care enough about it to design a similar visor like with speedo.
Just like they don't care enough about us seeing sharp left turns with the massive mirror and pillar blind spot they created.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
My 2016 has this issue as well. Notice how with all cars the speedometer / tach / gage cluster is pushed into the dash so this doesn't happen? They know about this issue as shown in their design, they just don't care enough about it to design a similar visor like with speedo.
Just like they don't care enough about us seeing sharp left turns with the massive mirror and pillar blind spot they created.
The AC controls are not a critical vehicle control/monitoring item... the dash display is recessed to reduce glare for safety.
Vehicles were not always made like that. Even in the 80s and early 90s the gauges would flare out from the Sun.

The A pillar? Thank the IIHS and DOT for that. We'd still have unobtrusive pillars if it weren't for the 20 airbags stuffed into our cars.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The AC controls are not a critical vehicle control/monitoring item... the dash display is recessed to reduce glare for safety.
Vehicles were not always made like that. Even in the 80s and early 90s the gauges would flare out from the Sun.

The A pillar? Thank the IIHS and DOT for that. We'd still have unobtrusive pillars if it weren't for the 20 airbags stuffed into our cars.
I realize it is not as critical, but disagree that it is not a safety issue. This reflection can cause an extremely bright sun glare / reflection straight into the drivers eyes which will be a distraction, and sooner or later will cause someone an accident if it already hasn't. In fact I just got flashed coming home from work this afternoon from it myself.
All it would take to solve is a glare resistant cover, or even and angle change of the display so the reflection goes elsewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts