Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an E.S. Blue/cinnamon Limited today for my wife (a new car every 12 years whether she needs it or not!) Loving it so far but the 2+" of manuals will take some time to wade through. Can anyone comment on the concerns below?

1) Lose the bluetooth pairing on her phone when car is turned off, not sure why. Works fine when paired until car is shut off.
2) No cargo cover. Thought that was included in all Rav4s per the Toyota site.

I'll post a picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
With regards to the BT problem, so next time you turn to car on you have to re-pair? I would say it's the phone. But a good to test is try the phone with another car - maybe one of the dealer's demos?

I've never heard of a cargo cover coming with the car. I had to buy one. I don't think any of the American buyers got one either?

And go through as many posts on this forum as you can - there's some great information here!

Picked up an E.S. Blue/cinnamon Limited today for my wife (a new car every 12 years whether she needs it or not!) Loving it so far but the 2+" of manuals will take some time to wade through. Can anyone comment on the concerns below?

1) Lose the bluetooth pairing on her phone when car is turned off, not sure why. Works fine when paired until car is shut off.
2) No cargo cover. Thought that was included in all Rav4s per the Toyota site.

I'll post a picture tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Tonneau cover is listed as optional equipment, $90 on the invoice on mine.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's a cover, not a mat. I think we've may have been getting our descriptions mixed up. Our new cars DO come with the tonneau cover, which attaches up behind the rear seats and stretches to the back, but not a cargo mat which sits on the floor. See the pic of the mat I just ordered off ebay. There's another thread about the mat for the hybrid.

It's too bad they didn't update their 2016 e-brochure to reflect this.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
My 2016 Limited came with a tonneau cover. lmacmil, check in the spare tire well to see if they left the cover stowed in there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love everything about my new Limited hybrid, including all the gadgets that come with the Adv. Tech package, except for the really lousy sounding premium entune system. Really tinny sound, especially on the non-HD FM stations.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 2016 Limited came with a tonneau cover. lmacmil, check in the spare tire well to see if they left the cover stowed in there.
Check your sticker that came with the car. It should be an option that was added for $90 or your dealer threw it in for you as part of your deal.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked and it's not there. I have concluded that the tonneau cover is optional, the brochure is correct in one place and incorrect in another, and for those who have one, it was probably a factory or dealer installed option. Based on 12 years experience with our Highlander, we probably don't even need it so I'm not going to run out and buy one just yet.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
FWIW I've had a tonneau cover on the last five vehicles I've owned, three of them Rav4s, I doubt I've used it more than a handful of times, and I don't store it under the rear deck, it takes up room I use for other more useful things. :laugh

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My better half loved her 2004 Highlander but I persuaded her to get something new with much better fuel economy and all the electronic safety features. After one day, she loves her new wheels just as much as the dearly departed Highlander. Attached is "proof of ownership." :smile

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
FWIW I've had a tonneau cover on the last five vehicles I've owned, three of them Rav4s, I doubt I've used it more than a handful of times, and I don't store it under the rear deck, it takes up room I use for other more useful things. :laugh
We always use our cover so that people cannot see what we have in the cargo area. The only time we don't is when we put the rear seats down to take a large load and that isn't very often.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've always had one on every hatchback or SUV I have owned. The only time I had to purchase one was on my Subaru Forester and now Toyota RAV4. It is a must have since I park on the street during the day and want to keep the space covered from curious eyes. I rather spend the $90 instead of somebody breaking in to steal something that is valued at less that $10. Saves me the headache of replacing a costly window or worse.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've always had one on every hatchback or SUV I have owned....It is a must have since I park on the street during the day and want to keep the space covered from curious eyes.
In that situation I would probably buy one too. We park in the garage at home and when traveling, generally stay in motels. Only rarely do we have to park on the street and if that were the case, I'd either clean out the cargo area or throw a blanket over it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've always had one on every hatchback or SUV I have owned. The only time I had to purchase one was on my Subaru Forester and now Toyota RAV4. It is a must have since I park on the street during the day and want to keep the space covered from curious eyes. I rather spend the $90 instead of somebody breaking in to steal something that is valued at less that $10. Saves me the headache of replacing a costly window or worse.
If people see the back area covered don't they assume that there are some goodies under it?!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts