Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to baseline the RAV4 at the street legal night it surprised a few people for sure can't wait to get intake and exhaust next ...

Specs ...2008 RAV4 v6 4wd limted 130k milage bone stock with the spare removed , tires were 235-65-17 coopers

Track was slick no real prep done
1st run --I only let it cool down about 30min , 95 degree temp, no AWD lock had it in 4th 1200rpm brake stall ..110-114 intake temps
60'........2.3
1/8 th....9.8
Mph......72.85
1/4.......15.23
Mph.......90.62

2nd run 2000rpm brake stall AWD lock on, 92 degree outside temp took out air filter and folded in mirrors
Raced a new Benz c350 (he ran a 14.6)

60'.....2.2
1/8th...9.65
Mph.....73.77
1/4......15.01
Mph......91.92

Didn't reset the batt but had a 1/2 tank on 91 in there can't wait to go out again

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
That's a great 1/4 mile time stock in and of itself. To run that time in 95F weather is even more awesome. Congrats! That's a good baseline to start with. You will notice a significant drop in time (3-4/10ths) when the temps drops down to 55F or so.

Looking forward to your progress and learnings. Thanks for sharing. :wink

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Then how did this happen? Torque should be 246.

Motorweek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great 1/4 mile time stock in and of itself. To run that time in 95F weather is even more awesome. Congrats! That's a good baseline to start with. You will notice a significant drop in time (3-4/10ths) when the temps drops down to 55F or so.

Looking forward to your progress and learnings. Thanks for sharing. :wink

Thanks ,you still racing yours how's everything holding up?

I'm gonna run the weaponr/ S&B filter like you did but take out the headlight and make a ram air when at the track do a 2.5 catback and sprint booster and hope I get a 13.9 (with my 14lbs centerlines and 225/50-17 rubber)

You ever get any nitrous info on the 2gr would love to spray a 35-50 shot

·
Registered
509 Posts
That seems about right. I took mine out a couple of times when it was new and my best was 15.07. I can't remember the mph, although I probably posted the time slip here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That seems about right. I took mine out a couple of times when it was new and my best was 15.07. I can't remember the mph, although I probably posted the time slip here.
Yea it seemed on par with what others ran can't wait to head out when the temps go down

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Thanks ,you still racing yours how's everything holding up?

I'm gonna run the weaponr/ S&B filter like you did but take out the headlight and make a ram air when [...]
A gentleman's bet that the weaponR and filter do nothing but lighten your wallet. Oh, ram-air kicks in only at over 200 MPH. See, you have to ram a long column of air. It is not about volume, but pressure.

Best of luck. It should be fun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A gentleman's bet that the weaponR and filter do nothing but lighten your wallet. Oh, ram-air kicks in only at over 200 MPH. See, you have to ram a long column of air. It is not about volume, but pressure.

Best of luck. It should be fun.
It's already proven for a couple HP on a dyno with the weaponR n S&B filter I'm just following his lead as for the headlight it's really just to get some cooler air in there

Dyno http://www.rav4world.com/forums/99-4-3-mechanical/77848-dyno-results-weaponr-dragon-intake-air-filter-vs-sb-air-filter.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts