Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we took the plunge and bought a new 06 Rav4 Limited V6 2WD in Blizzard Pearl. It has the JBL stereo, sunroof, side airbag and carpet/mat combo options. I didn't think I would like the Blizzard Pearl but all the metal flake in the paint just gives it a silverish sheen in the sunlight.

We bought it from Lydia at Fremont Toyota for about $1,000 over Edmond invoice. Fremont Totota was very good to deal with. No jerking around and no dealer antics. Tough part is that their rav4s are flying out the door. Best to tell them what you are looking for and then call them every few days to find out what is coming in. If they tell you that a Rav4 will be there the next day, tell them to put your name on it and get there in the morning because it will be gone by the afternoon. It's absolutely amazing how Toyota is hitting the ball out of the park while many other manufacturers are struggling.

I'll be adding the mud flaps, bug deflector and some nice chrome license plate frames.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's exactly the same as the one I bought a few weeks ago!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Congrats!

In Saskathcewan here.

ABOUT to take the plunge for the exact same one here.

Local dealer is giving me a hassle with pricing though. He is about $2000 over invoice (I think), at an approximate $37,000 price before taxes. A dealer 4 hours away has given me the $1000 over invoice but the local guy has not matched... yet (hopefully).

I plan on getting the mud guards, cargo mat, and all weather floor mats. Wish me luck! And give any tips if you can!

-Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
you guys actually payed over invoice? Man fremont was a rip off I left. I bought all my cars from Gary at Dublin toyota. never had a problem meeting invoice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
Yeah, all dealers want you to believe what ever you are buying are flying out the door, but in reality, year to date sales of RAV4 is down quite a bit. If you shop around, you should have no problem buying at or under invoice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
I think buying a car is a different game in Canada...

mkperceptions said:
you guys actually payed over invoice? Man fremont was a rip off I left. I bought all my cars from Gary at Dublin toyota. never had a problem meeting invoice.
In the middle of Saskatchewan Toyota dealers are relatively few and far between. Nearest is 40 miles away and owned by the same local dealer. Next closest after that is 120+ miles.

With that kind of territory, they can just about charge what they want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
MarvC said:
Sweet Ride and color..Congratulations on the purchase!

Great choice..We have twins..
Beauty Ride!

I can't wait till my dealer and I reach an agreement. Just got off the phone with them and there was no budging from the $1000 off they already offered to me. They did however throw in about $200 worth of accessories. But still no where near my $2000 target. Dang no competition....

BTW! I wasn't aware the limited had wood trim! I wonder if that is an american detail or what. The limited I saw definitely did not have it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,560 Posts
Should check with me next time. I have connections at City Toyota in Daly City. I'm sure it would have been at least $500 cheaper than that. I got mine for... uh... mucho under invoice if you add up all the options and removed all those other fees.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Re: Congrats!

deuces_r_wild said:
In Saskathcewan here.

Local dealer is giving me a hassle with pricing though. He is about $2000 over invoice (I think), at an approximate $37,000 price before taxes. A dealer 4 hours away has given me the $1000 over invoice but the local guy has not matched... yet (hopefully).

I plan on getting the mud guards, cargo mat, and all weather floor mats. Wish me luck! And give any tips if you can!

-Ryan
Hi Ryan, i'm from Toronto.
The 2008 RAV4 in Canada comes with the splash guards for all models
and i'm not sure if this is the same mud guard that you're talking about.
Just comparing notes here, when you say $1000 over invoice, how much
lower is that price compared to the MSRP ? In my case, the price they gave
me is 6% lower than MSRP after negotiation.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We just bought an 08 Limited, it did not have the wood trim, first time I have seen or heard of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
We listed what options we wanted on the V6 Limited. We added just about everything to the package so the model they located which met our order had this installed although we did not ask for the trim.
It is not wood just the typical trim pieces added. It does add to the interior.
Our 07 turned a year old last week with 7900 miles and not one mechanical problem we could not be happier with the SUV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Re: Congrats!

FilCanRT said:
Hi Ryan, i'm from Toronto.
The 2008 RAV4 in Canada comes with the splash guards for all models
and i'm not sure if this is the same mud guard that you're talking about.
Just comparing notes here, when you say $1000 over invoice, how much
lower is that price compared to the MSRP ? In my case, the price they gave
me is 6% lower than MSRP after negotiation.
From my estimation, the Rav4 markup is approximately 8.5%, which is approximately $3000 for a V6 limited with B Package and Pearl paint. So the price points I am talking about are$1000 and $2000 over invoice (according to carcostcanada). Those work out to discounts of about 2.8% and 5.6% off of the MSRP. I really don't thing that I will be able to get the dealer to come lower since there are no dealerships withing about a 2 hour drive.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tried two local dealers, one 35 miles, the other 60 miles away. Both had just about the same price. 1K off MSRP was the best either would do. Might could have done better but would have had to travel over 200 miles to next nearest dealer. Niether one had the RAV4 in stock and it took nearly a week for the dealer to get ours in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
MarvC said:
... the model they located which met our order had this installed although we did not ask for the trim.
It is not wood just the typical trim pieces added. It does add to the interior.
The fake-wood trim definitely adds something. I also have an '07 4WD 6-cyl. Blizzard Pearl Limited, but no faux wood trim, just gray plastic. This is the first I've heard of or seen "typical trim pieces." Is this a regional option?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Great looking ride. I am biased however, because it is identical to the one I bought...wood trim and all. I did add XM, all weather mats, and cargo liner to it right after the purchase. You will love it. Mine is almost 5 months old now.





Joe
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you guys want a wood trim, just go to ebay, there's a lot of selections and other accesories. You can just do the installation by yourself. I'm planning to shop for an accessories once I get my new Rav4. It is still in Japan, waiting for delivery :D
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top