Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Rav to atlantic city to meet a bunch friends, have dinner, loose mony and party at a nightclub after. This is our first (160 mile round trip) run with the Rav.. Let me tell ya what.. Now that this is coming from a 44 year old long time Domestic car owner(the Suzuki was the first non domestic i owned) and my Dad had an Avalon, good friend has a Tundra and various others own Toyotas. ASnd I read for years in countless car magazines how good toyota were blah blah.. yea yea how good *can* they be??

well let me just shake my head in disbelief.. How can this darn SUV impress me so much?? I mean its rock solid at highway speeds, handles amazind for a suv and that 2.4 motor.. Its a jewel of an engine.. I see NO need for the 6.. This 4 is fast enough for an suv.. EVERYTHING on this truck is so precise... So Damn precise.. Im an Engineer so Im not easily impressed.. This truck flat out *impresses the HELL out of me* How about this?? We used 1/2 tank of gas in 177 miles and its not even close to broken in yet.. And 40 of those miles are city driving.. Unfreakin believable..

The cruise control fro example.. It sets so smooth and cannot feel the takeover of the cruise from where I let go of the gas.. and when you click the lever to up(or reduce) the speed *each* click is EXACTLY 1 mph.. precise....

The best that I can describe is that of a swiss watch.. Its put together so fine.. The doors close with a sound and feel like no other car that I have owned..

oh and there was a couple in a new 06 Civic who was following us for 20 miles on the AC expressway passing and driving all around us to get a look at the new Truck. Pointing and looking.. lol.

I can tell ya we are Toyota customers for a long time to come.

·
Registered
332 Posts
same

I agree!
I didnt drive that much but my impression is almost the same as you.
My first Toyota looks
precise. solid. & probably reliable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts