Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading around this forum and others trying to track down the best mods and the REAL horsepower #'s gains for my RAV.

How about a list of biggests gains for the $$$ for the noobs like me. My figures are guesses since I have not put my RAV on a dyno.

Existing:
TRD catback exhaust Ebay $150.00 3-7 HP
Cold Air intake / local shop: $125.00 5 HP

Plans:
Pacesetter Header $170.00 3-5 HP
MSD ignition $ 250.00 5 HP
Denso Iridium plugs $50.00 2 HP

·
Registered
33 Posts
The best hp mods for the money will be the intake and exhaust mods. Ignition mods tend not to make much, if any, power gains. They do however set you up to be able to handle more fuel and future upgrades. The intake is much cheaper on e-bay. The bomz unit is a decent intake with a good design. For more power I would suggest extending the intake into a fenderwell so as to pick up much cooler air. A pacesetter header may be tricky since the rav4 has a catylitic converter built into the factory unit as well as a very sensitive O2 sensor.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
If you are planning on putting your RAV on the dyno, your best bet is to buy an SAFC/fuel controller so it can be tuned... there is a good chance you can gains some HP by just tuning the car alone.... it would be interesting to find out how much free HP is awaiting with just a tune.... depending on how Toyota has the air/fuel ratios setup on a naturally aspirated vehicle...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts