Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

At time 1:33 in this installation video, a note says "After trimming bumper, lift EcoHitch into place".

Has anyone tried this yet? I cannot see any trimming in the installation video.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At time 1:33 in the installation video at says "After trimming bumper, lift EcoHitch into place".

Has anyone does this yet? How much trimming is needed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's the installation guide for the TorkLift EcoHitch. Just ordered mine yesterday. Can't count on Toyota having one available by camping season. You do have to cut into the underside bumper fascia. Hopefully Toyota will have a harness available in the next few months. If not I will probably go with the Tekonsha ZCI Circuit Protected Vehicle Wiring Harness - "Bypasses factory wiring and involves no cutting, splicing, or plugging into vehicle's wiring. When using this ZCI harness, you don't have to worry about voiding your warranty, nor do you need to be concerned about any potentially damaging errors on your part if you're not an experienced do-it-yourselfer"

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here's the installation guide for the TorkLift EcoHitch. Just ordered mine yesterday. Can't count on Toyota having one available by camping season. You do have to cut into the underside bumper fascia. Hopefully Toyota will have a harness available in the next few months. If not I will probably go with the Tekonsha ZCI Circuit Protected Vehicle Wiring Harness - "Bypasses factory wiring and involves no cutting, splicing, or plugging into vehicle's wiring. When using this ZCI harness, you don't have to worry about voiding your warranty, nor do you need to be concerned about any potentially damaging errors on your part if you're not an experienced do-it-yourselfer"
No need to cut anything. See my other post today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
All,

You may want to check the RedArc brake controller. It's footprint is a good bit smaller than that of a Tekonsha.
The Tekonsha has tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals for a tow harness and does not require splicing on any factory wires. Does the RedArc brake controller do that ?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts