Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rav 4 2013 was making a vibration at 1800 to 2200 rpms in all gears..took it in and dealer confirmed that is was the torgue converter..upon repair the rear axle was bad also so not sure which came first but there is definitely an issue with this problem I was told

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up Rav yesterday and service dept confirmed that this can be an issue...they also replaced the front drivers side axle said it was cracked ?? so far it seems to be as new

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have recently purchased a 2016 RAV 4 AWD, and also have questioned dealership about vibration that occurs when in any gear within the 1800-1900 RPM range. I'm intrigued with all the comments suggesting torque converter, because test drive with dealer employee produced "nothing to worry about" comment, and I'm not at all convinced.

·
Super Moderator
10,129 Posts
Since the thread was from four years ago the OP has likely moved on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone have a Japanese built (VIN starts with J instead of 2) RAV4 with torque converter issues or is this limited to Canadian built versions? Will only buy Japanese built versions of their new models next time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have corresponded with Toyota Canada. They say "no campaign currently for such an issue" and advised they would take my info and file it. I will write dealership a letter because I want this documented at the local level for future service calls/maintenance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts