Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any product (plastic roll, matting etc) that will completely seal off and protect carpet?

I'm getting a 2010 Limited that is near mint.

I drive a ton, this will be a heavily used work vehicle...and i simply dont have time to be super careful and keep things clean...yet i would like to not trash the carpet on the floor.

Ideally I'd love to pull the carpet and spray urethane on the floor and hose it out like you could with an FJ lol....but I dont have time for that, so simply protecting the carpet seems the quickest/cheapest solution to keep it nice for resale.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was mainly concerned with the carpet under the front driver and passenger areas - mud from my boots....

In the rear I'm installing a poly sheet and plywood so I can slide bins of parts & tools easily....

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I was mainly concerned with the carpet under the front driver and passenger areas - mud from my boots....
Weathertech Floor Liner, not the mats. The floor liners hold snow and mud like a bucket. I'm super happy with mine for driver and passenger. They wrap up the back and sides beautifully, and slope up the front well.

They are easily removed to hose them off, and pop them back in.

https://youtu.be/2hw0SE4Nfj8

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yessss, that is part of it - definitely going to get a set of Weathertech liner for the front...thank you!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Would WeatherTech Floorliners for a LHD fit a RHD?

Better question is, do WeatherTech Floorliners come in RHD?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Ended up ordering a set of Husky Liners - similar custom fit but cost a bit less....haven't got them yet but reviews say they are about as good as the weathertech ones.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I love my husky liners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts